Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StreetFighter v Darkstalkers

Options
  • 20-12-2005 9:28pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to dissapoint the people who may have thought that this was a thread that linked to a cool animation of StreetFighter characters battling it out with characters from a different game like this little gem, but it IS about me hoping to make something similar...

I hate it when I see something like that, as it always gives me tonnes of ideas for new projects, and anyone who knows me (and my obsession with creativity) claim I have too much time on my hands, which is true, hence I plan to make my own little cross-game fight animation...

So, to start off, if anyone would like to help me, well, I need quite a lot of stuff...

First of all, I'm hoping to pitch my favourite StreetFighter (Guile) with my favourite Darkstalker (Jon Talbain) and, so far, I have quite a few sprites of the two of them... However, I need the COMPLETE set of both characters, as well as a means to break the sprites down into frames, as it'll be made solely in flash and will require frame by frame animation...

EDIT: Removed Link.

So, first things first...

If anyone would like to help me in my goal, I will need...

Guile Sprites (StreetFighter II - None of those fancy shmancy ones of the Alpha series or similar)
    Jon Talbain Sprites.
    A Sprite 'Editor' as such, or something to break them down.
    StreetFighter / Darkstalker Backgrounds / Special attack animations...

It's going to be tough, but if I can get enough sources, I'll make some of the stuff myself if I need it... So, who's with me?

Should be good fun...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

personally all catchy tunes were in sf2 !
    also np :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Very very cool movie you linked to there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

RopeDrink wrote:
    Testing something out, here...
    Does This work for anybody?

Works fine for me. Good start :)

man i tried making avatar for myself, 30 freekin frames and had to change backgrounds as you experienced mcm exporting with the tranparency.
    took ages and came out **** and too big in size to be used on the forum i wanted
    farz24.gif

i think gallon should kill guile, [please add some fake blood] like stand on his chest and rips some blood out ;) and then guile gets back up, sonic boom super.

anyway is it better to animate in flash ? like in swish, do you just select another frame and add new sprites.... ? advantages? i know flash is better but im just making avatars, but thinking of doing an animation too

• Advertisement

okay cool, ive used swish before, like ages ago, my main problem is being able to see the previous frame and adjusting the latter frame sprites accordingly so its proper animation, image ready has some auto features that mess it up.

okay thanks a million, this will keep me busy for ages !
    i take it your just using t he place and remove effects for animation [in the timeline]

thanks alot man, looking forward to it,
    place // remove for basic animation, like lets say for instance u want ken to move, movement = 10 sprites, youll place and remove each one until u reach the last sprite.I have it figured, just wondering if there was a way to loop something like [eg when kens standing and breathing, its placing and removing 5 sprites]
    see here : http://www.iol.ie/~bionic4ever/help.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Nothing can defeat old-skool, magic-throwing, flash-kicking, double-sweeping, multiple-hyphenated-adjectived Guile

Warning: Hyphen abuse may upset some viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

have Guile win , no question ...... basically as aint heard of the other game or character before. Makes me wanna go play Soul Calibur now though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Guile winning is too obvious. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You should have a scene of Felicia getting it on with Chunners (and i'm not talking about scrapping here...:p )

Advertisement