Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Standard Clio to Clio 182

Options
  • 20-12-2005 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Not really a huge modification I know but does anyone know what the standard renault clio 182 alloys are and if there is a similar body kit for the twin exhaust at the back and the slightly beefed up front grill as I would like to discreatly update a standard clio to look like a clio 182 . I think its an ego think but I blame it on the high insurance.

04-182-cup-orange-f3q-s.jpg

I found a kit that I thought looked similar but the twin exhaust at the back is wrong .
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=263

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this clio doesnot look knackery,it looks really nice.is it a standard 1.4 or 1.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Its a standard 1.4 in black with a good spec , front fogs , standard alloys , sunroof , e/m , e/c . Dont want to go mad , just a small bodykit in line with the 182 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Renault will probably fit a 182 bodykit on it for you expect to pay through the roof though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Yeah whatever you do don't get a bodykit from your local renault "stealer".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

themessiah wrote:
    I found a kit that I thought looked similar but the twin exhaust at the back is wrong .
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=263

The exhaust likely wouldnt be supplied with the body kit.

Wolfrace probably make a wheel similar to the 182 factory wheels.....try some of the wheel sites in the sticky at the top of the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrq1979

Hi,

I've got a 182 - if you wanted to get alloys that were like the 182, you can order them from your Renault dealership as parts in the same way as us 182 drivers can order replacement alloys (in silver or anthracite)

You'll need to change the tyres though - I've got the standard Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's on mine - as the alloys are 16" and not 15" like the non-Renaultsport models.

K-Tec Racing www.k-tecracing.com are great for mods in terms of getting the rear 182 exhausts looks although to be honest, you could try and emulate the 172 if you weren't interested in buying the exhausts. There's not really much different on the 182 to be honest in terms of "bodykit" - all that's different is the front has the fog lights set in a different way and with a different look, and the wings are slightly wider.

The other thing that will look different is that the 182 doesn't have a sun roof either, and it also has washers on the lights so it's not going to be the easiest one to make look the same. Also, you'll have to declare all the mods on the insurance so it's a bit counter productive as your insurance will go up and some companies won't even insure you.

The other things to note are that the only people who really "know" Renaultsport models from other Clio's are fans of Renault. You mention that you discreetly want to upgrade the look but with all the effort you're putting in, unless you get the twin exhausts, people won't see your car looking any different and race wise, it's still going to be the smaller engined version of the Clio.

To be honest, I'd leave your Clio the way it is at the moment - the standard models still look nice enough and it's sometimes counter productive to get your car looking like a faster engined model as you'll probably get racing "attention" from cars like Civic Type-R's/Porsche Boxsters etc like I get with mine, but with a smaller engine they will obliterate you. I'm tempted to get the K-Tec turbo upgrade but I'd make sure that I didn't show it as being upgraded - sometimes the best mods don't show anything. I like to have a surprise in terms of speed for the car. The good thing about the actual 182 is that it beats a lot of cars - Porsche Boxster drivers are the best to just out-drag... Well them and Peugeot GTI's (how shocking a car), MG Rover's (ack!) and the Audi TT (they seem so surprised when you beat them!)

Guess it depends on what you're after - I've never seen the point in trying to look like a faster car. I would have had my 182 debadged to be honest but because of the twin exhausts, you can see it's Renaultsport anyway. Better to save for the insurance and get the actual car if you ask me - it's only insurance group 16 so it's not as bad as some of the other cars out there. Better to have your car under-promise and over-deliver. Guess it depends on what you're after though - looks or speed. I prefer the latter.

Advertisement