Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

DVD burning software,,,

• 20-12-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I've been lookinhg for ages for some free DVD burning software. There are a few trails out there but they wont let me burn a DVD,,, downloaded 5 different programs none of them will let me burn

anyone know of any ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

What burner are you using?

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

look here. http://tinyurl.com/duj4r google is your friend !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I have a Liteon DVD RW burner, I lost the software that came with it,

all i need it for is to burn some needed files and programs before i format my PC.

Have you tried DVDSanta. It is a nice app. Also could it be some dodgy discs that are letting you down. It seems strange that so many apps would fail.

Cal

i did the google thing and as i said downloaded 5 different burners all didnt let me burn,,, so i wanted to see if anyone knew of one that did work ,,, smart ass

• Advertisement

Cal wrote:
    Have you tried DVDSanta. It is a nice app. Also could it be some dodgy discs that are letting you down. It seems strange that so many apps would fail.

Cal

discs are brand new,, they didnt fail ,, when i pressed the Burn button it asked me to pay for the Pro verison,, or there was a limit of 50 MB on the trial verison ,, i'll try that thanks.

DVD santa wont let you burn normal data file files and music/software etc,

only Movies/photos things like that,, wont let you select the files i need.

thanks anyways,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

If you just want to burn files, then I particularly like CDBurnerPro.
    ( Also does DVDs )
    A freeware program, no ads, spyware or anything.
    You just drag 'n' drop your files in an Explorer like window, and it shows how much space is left in a progress bar thingy.

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/features.php

It's great for PC backups, but it's not suitable for creating video CD/DVD disks.

regards,
    Owen

Here is a further list of burning apps if you fancy wadeing through them.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you could try the trial version of nero here http://tinyurl.com/8lnzv. if you only need it for backups prior to a reinstall then this should do the trick.

• Advertisement

thanks guys ,, i'll try some of them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Advertisement