Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao

Options
  • 20-12-2005 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

getting close! i know what i wanna do, but the whole form filling out, what courses i wanna apply for etc.. dunno what way to approach it, it has to be in for feb 8th? ( i think)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah I know, I got very scared when we wer handed out the forms there a few months ago! I know what I want to put as my first choice but I don't have a clue what order to put the others in! Can't believe I'm gonna be going to college! woohhooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

yeah it's messed up, too much pressure! i know what i want first choice too, but as for the other 19 places..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

There's no pressure. Just get your application in, you can change all your choices after the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Im not really nervous about it! I know my first choice and I know other coursed I'd love to do so in that sense I don't have limited choices! My problem however is where each course, which one do I prefer more etc...so Im going to go through all the courses info from various colleges that havnt been touched and lie under my bed! I also have to see which dimploma courses to fill! My friend got none of his choices and filled in no diplomas whats so ever and has been telling me "if I learned one thing from the whole Leaving Cert it is never assume!! and fil in your goddam diploma choices!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i think i know what my first two choices are, after that :o ... eugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I only know my first choice for definite, not really sure after that. Gonna do my best to make up my mind about it before I go back in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'm going to do it online. It's a lot less hassle as it is basically idiot-proof and you can keep changing 'till the 1st of July I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

To all the lc'ers, don't worry about it too much, especially not over xmas!!! In reality you have 'till the 1st of july to finalise your choices so don't rush and think carefully;) and definately fill out some diploma courses too, i've some friends like d4gurls aswell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know my first 3 choices as it's the same course in 3 different places! Also I know my 4th, which is a different course!

The way to do it is: (As told by my guidance counselor)

Put it in order of preference, not what you think you're going to get, but in order of what you really want to do. If you think about it, that's the most logical way! It's the way you are supposed to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Shrimp wrote:
    Put it in order of preference, not what you think you're going to get, but in order of what you really want to do. If you think about it, that's the most logical way! It's the way you are supposed to do it!

exactly, its amazing how many times people are told this yet still go "well i reckon i could get the points for this so ill put it before that" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I think I have my first 9 choices woo!! I think I'll put them down here for the laugh - tell me if it sounds a bit weird please!!

1. Pharmacy - Trinity
    2. Pharmacy - R.C.S.I
    3. Law - U.C.D
    4. Law and politics " "
    5. Science - Trinity
    6. Science - U.C.D
    7. Pharmacolgy U.C.D
    8. Chemical and Pharmacutical Science - D.C.U
    9. Social Science - U.C.D

I know that Law and pharmacy are completely different but I like both! I mean I'm not just in love with Science subjects so im kinda of a "jack of all trades" Im alright in everything! Perhaps I'll put arts at 10 but I really don't want to do " ORTS" contrary to my name you must of thought my choices would read BESS B&L arts etc... but no I want out of the bubble :D:D

Advertisement