Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arrest warrants

• 20-12-2005 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question

If an arrest warrant does not have the correct name of the person on it is it still legal and valid.

Do the gardai have to prove that they have the right person or do you need to proove you are not the one they are after.

Thanks
    OTR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Normally it would have to have the correct name, yes.

However if the Garda was given a false name or a nickname, pseodonym or alias, that might be valid.

"Go to lawyer."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

donot let the cops catch u,get a solictor as victor said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

let them arrest you with the wrong warrant and that then becomes your defence in court. say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

funk-you wrote:
    let them arrest you with the wrong warrant and that then becomes your defence in court. say nothing.

How are you actually helping this guy :cool: , turn yourself in and pay the punishment for your crimes :mad: .

your on teen ireland too?:confused:

• Advertisement

How are you actually helping this guy :cool: , turn yourself in and pay the punishment for your crimes :mad: .

he asked a question and i answered it. i know nothing of his life, nothing about his personality and nothing about what he did so i'm not going to sit on a high horse and tell him whats the right or ethical thing to do in a situation in his life. if he asks me i will, until then if i'm asked a question and i believe i know the answer i'll give it.

also just because there is a warrant out for him doesnt mean he committed a crime(although its likely). innocent until proven guilty and the like?

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

funk-you wrote:
    he asked a question and i answered it. i know nothing of his life, nothing about his personality and nothing about what he did so i'm not going to sit on a high horse and tell him whats the right or ethical thing to do in a situation in his life. if he asks me i will, until then if i'm asked a question and i believe i know the answer i'll give it.

also just because there is a warrant out for him doesnt mean he committed a crime(although its likely). innocent until proven guilty and the like?

-Funk

So if a 12yr old walks up to you and asks you how to smoke crack your gonna tell him becuase you no the answer :cool: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

somthing like this was posted here years ago. What are you people up to?

So if a 12yr old walks up to you and asks you how to smoke crack your gonna tell him becuase you no the answer :cool: .

if i knew, why not. i'm not handing him crack. people are responsible for their own decisions and actions. would you not tell a 14 how to use a condom properly just because he is underage and let him go off and get an STI or get a girl pregnant. we can sit here making analogies all day but it still boils down to the fact that all that is being shared is information, what people choose to do with it is their responsibility. again YOU are responsible for your actions and choices not anyone else. Lets not drag this further off topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the answers so far.

Its actualy a civil matter. I know for a fact that the warrant has the wrong name on it.

What I want to know is can I tell the cops that I am not the person they want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Heh, this kind of thing would go in the law/legal forum if the admins gave us one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gotolawyer, do not pass go and do not collect 200 pounds..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement