Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday 20th PDC World Championships Results

• 21-12-2005 12:45am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here are todays results

5-P Manley (Eng)
    3-0
    K Spiolek (Eng)
    G Welding (Eng)
    3-2
    1-C Lloyd (Eng)
    4-R Scholten (Ned)
    3-1
    D Whitcombe (Eng)
    8-A Jenkins (Eng)
    3-1
    P Bulen (Bel)
    J Kuczynski (US)
    3-0
    L Sams (Eng)
    21-D Smith (Eng)
    3-2
    M Salmon (Wal)
    12-M Walsh (Eng)
    3-0
    W Parry (NZ)
    E Extercatte (Ned)
    3-2
    32-D Webster (Eng)

Another great day of darts in Purfleet saw the world number 1 Colin Lloyd crash out of the tournament to Gary Welding in a brilliant game of darts. Lloyd was fantastic in the first two sets, averaging 112 in the first set as he raced into a 2-0 lead in sets. Welding was simply awful in the first two sets, he couldnt hit anything he as that bad. The came the biggest turn around I have ever seen as Welding was simply awesome for the next three sets. The trebles were flying in and even the great Phil Taylor would have had trouble staying with him. Sid Waddel was speachless as no player has ever turned around his game so much in the middle of the match. Welding finally won 3-2 in sets nd Lloyd was out.

Another surprise in some peoples eyes was the victory of Kuczynski over Sams but I have to say I saw the American play Sams in Vegas and I new he would be a good player once e gained experience, well he certainly was as he beat Sams without losing a leg. Great stuff from the American. A good unexpected win for the dutch player Extercatte as well as he beat Webster in a good game.

All other games went to plan, as great players of old, Dave WHitcombe and Kevin Spiolek both crashed out.

Post up your views on todays action

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I had an inkling Welding might trouble Lloyd. He's a very good player, and Lloyd had no answer in those 3 sets. No reason why Welding can't go as far as the quarters, maybe even the semis. That part of the draw is by far the weakest.

Lionel Sams had an absolute nightmare against JohnK. Not only did he not win a leg, but there was only one or two legs where he had a shot at a double. It looked to me (admittedly I could be totally wrong!) like Sams was playing very slowly as a deliberate ploy to put off the very quick JohnnyK, but if that was the case he certainly backfired spectacularly.

The other games went pretty much as I expected - Mark Walsh and Andy Jenkins being quite impressive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The other games went pretty much as I expected - Mark Walsh and Andy Jenkins being quite impressive.

Agreed. I thought Jenkins looked very good and he could do well in this tournament.

Advertisement