Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Convertion...

Options
  • 21-12-2005 2:05am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ok ladies and gents, I need some assistance with making a new flash...

Firstly, I've managed to aquire a tonne of sprites that I need in order to make this flash. However, they've been saved as .PCX format and I need to mass convert them somehow (Hopefully without having to individually save / name each one, as there are over 700 files) to .GIF format, and I also need to keep their 'transparancy' (As in I need them to retain the lack of background).

Any ideas? I tried using the BATCH function and managed to convert 200+ files (Yes, I had to idividually save each one) as .GIF, but they ended up with the usual pink background which I'm trying to avoid...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can't get any of my proggys to open them. What program created them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Sorry did you get your problem solved in the end? If not, maybe i could write a little app for you to take care of your problem ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Can you send me a few example files then? I should have some time over Christmas so maybe we can work together on a tool you think might be useful for people.

Before I get started though, did you try ImageMagick at all? It's usually pretty good at handling every file format known to man.

Advertisement