Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Christmas 2005?

Options
  • 21-12-2005 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Having read from: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=204654&page=6 like a romantic tale, I thought it would be interesting to start a similar thread this year.

I have a feeling that it will be a reverse white Christmas this year with areas missing out last year getting some snow this year. I think that a SE wind will bring snow showers to inland areas of Wexford, Waterford, Wicklow, S Dublin, Carlow, Kilkenny, S Kildare, S Laois and E Tipperary.

Discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i'd love snow for christmas, but i'm flying out the next day, so i hope it wouldn't affect the airport, but knowing dublin... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hi,

I have to say I know almost nothing about weather forecasting, or all them fancy maps and the such ;) , but ye guys here have had my attention over the past couple of days, looking rather interesting to say the least for Christmas again eh?

I'm in Carlow and we had a light sprinkle on Christmas morning, but hey, more than I ever remember on a Christmas morning :D . But then there is that old tale that Carlow town is sheltered by the sourrounding moutain ranges and never gets a decent fall of snow. I think thats the case as its some what of a rarity around here.

Anyway, heres to a white Christmas, I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep an eye in here (and out the window of course)

Take care,

CroppyBoy1798

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its to be Bitterly Cold and Dry up until and after christmas. Doubtful with the snow but it would be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

live 95fm are reporting that there has been sleet showers overnight. heres hoping that whatever is keeping us cold does so for the next 5 days at least.

With an area of high pressure over the country on Xmas eve and Xmas Day...
    White Xmas-extremely unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

Yeah sorry to trample on your hopes but the possiblility of a white christmas is very low ... however if it sleet's on christmas (that can , i believe , be classed as a white christmas). :D Wouldn't mind it being one, oh well... Christmas tommorow. :D

Merry Christmas all!

Advertisement