Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with a PCIe Nvidia 6200

Options
  • 21-12-2005 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Heya all. Been having a bit of bother with a PCI Express Nvidia 6200 graphics card. Fairly standard setup on an AV8-N mainboard. Graphics card has two adapters, 1 x digital, 1 x analogue. If I do a Windows installation the digital adapter works fine, feeding into a Dell 1703FP LCD screen, or at least it does until I load the Nvidia drivers. From that point onwards the screen displays fine through the bootup process, getting as far as the Windows screen with the progress indicator. It then goes dead, as if there was no feed whatsoever to the monitor. I'm figuring that this is the point at which the Nvidia graphics drivers are loaded by Windows but I can't figure out the why of this.

If I hook the monitor up via the analogue adapter everything works normally, if I hook two monitors up (one to the analogue and one to the digital) I get a partial display on the analogue but it behaves as if it were dual screeening, without anything actually displaying on the digital feed.

I've been trying to fix this since Saturday and it's starting to really get on my wick (the repeated Windows installations while attempting to resolve it not helping my mood) so any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement