Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP cost on UTV

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

kaizersoze wrote:
    He's probably on the 2mb package without the UTV Talk option.

Ah I see what ya mean, I hadn't migrated to anything new with them myself for over a year so I was thinkin I missed something....That explains it Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

kaizersoze wrote:
    He's probably on the 2mb package without the UTV Talk option.

Exactamondo! :D

That bill (ie. October) was actually my last month on the 1mbit package with its 8 gig cap. Advance subscription charge of 41.99 was my first charge for the my 2mbit upgrade which started in Nov with its 16 gig cap. ie I am actually saving a few quid by getting the faster product because of the download charges. I went over by about a gig for the 3 or 4 months previously.

Roll on NTL BB coming to Bray though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I think it is very poor that UTV's online 'billing system' does not show payments received by them. Do any of the other isp's show payments made on their online billing systems?

Gryzor wrote:
    interesting....there may be a bill on the way to me then...:(

You can never 'rest' with UTV - they billed me about 6 months afterwards for a months charges that they simply never debited to me. There was no explanation for why their system did not show up a non payment.
    When I raised this here on boards and in the UTV support group I discovered that it was far from being a rare occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dub45 wrote:
    I think it is very poor that UTV's online 'billing system' does not show payments received by them. Do any of the other isp's show payments made on their online billing systems?
    BT's online bill show payments received (for those of us luck enough to be billed:)).

@ Calibos.
    Do you realise that you have entered a new contract by switching packages? I'm not sure how long UTV's contracts are now but it used to be 12 months.
    You should have switched to BT. 2mb incl. line rental, 24gb cap (that is not enforced) @ €50p/m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

kaizersoze wrote:
    BT's online bill show payments received (for those of us luck enough to be billed:)).

@ Calibos.
    Do you realise that you have entered a new contract by switching packages? I'm not sure how long UTV's contracts are now but it used to be 12 months.
    You should have switched to BT. 2mb incl. line rental, 24gb cap (that is not enforced) @ €50p/m.

Was giving that serious consideration but the horror stories of BT billing and downtimes of up to a month during changeover put me off plus the fact that I heard that NTL are making steady progress towards Bray. As for contracts, I think I read somewhere that they were reduced to 6 months and you could buy yourself out for 60 quid or thereabouts. Was this information correct?

Calibos wrote:
    Was giving that serious consideration but the horror stories of BT billing and downtimes of up to a month during changeover put me off plus the fact that I heard that NTL are making steady progress towards Bray. As for contracts, I think I read somewhere that they were reduced to 6 months and you could buy yourself out for 60 quid or thereabouts. Was this information correct?

I was told by BT sales that once I filled out a "Broadband Transfer Authorisation Form" the change over should be seamless. It's a pity UTV have stopped being competitive because its a pain in the @SS having to fill out forms and get account no's and all that messin....But I have a felling I'm doing the right thing....Pity NTL don't cover Swords......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

kaizersoze wrote:

thats an introductory offer though isn't it??? it goes up after 4 or 6 months or somethin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gryzor wrote:
    thats an introductory offer though isn't it??? it goes up after 4 or 6 months or somethin...
    No. Their 2mb incl. line rental introductory offer is €35p/m rising to €50.
    €50 is their normal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

zuma wrote:
    This has not happened, to the best of my knowledge, to ex BT/eircom customers!!

Happened to me. 2 years after disconnecting from Eircom, disconnected from Indigo when Eircom bought them out, recently got a bill in the post for €280, 1 year unpaid and next year due. Think I wrote them a nasty letter, may have forgotten, either way, they stopped hastling me...

When I said cheapest broadband, I was referring to the cheapest product delivered over a bundled eircom line - which, at €30 (if you're already paying an eircom line), I believe it is. Correct me if I'm wrong...

• Advertisement

When I said cheapest broadband, I was referring to the cheapest product delivered over a bundled eircom line - which, at €30 (if you're already paying an eircom line), I believe it is. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Can't say I agree because BT are the same price and the offer 12gb, and from what I've read here on the boards don't charge even if you go over your limit, where as I went over with UTV by 1.5gb when caped and made the stupid decision not knowing how much I was over by and got them to reconnect me for the last few day's of the month to find an instant bill for the 1.5gb they let me run over by. They have a useless bandwith monitor which is at least 24 hours behind. An Email to there senior Admin just pawned me off and I can't be bothered taking it any further. If I was with BT I wouldn't have been over the 12gb in the first place, so I think BT will be getting a new customer this week and and I will be saving 15 Euro a month in the process......:D

Pity about UTV I was one of there first BB customers since back when it was 55 Punts per month........

Dubsmax wrote:
    Can't say I agree because BT are the same price and the ........................

Pity about UTV
    I was one of there first BB customers since back when it was 55 Punts per month........

''Pity about UTV'' sort of sums them up pretty concisely ok.........if it weren't for Carl imagine what they would have been like long before now:rolleyes:

Advertisement