Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on improving shooting

Options
  • 21-12-2005 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Tis the christmas time and im looking for a present for my old man. Also have an ulterior motive in that i want to improve my own shooting! Anyone out there any good books that they know of that are easy to find in Dublin? We normally fire the .22 but also he fires weapons at work to so an all round book but not hunting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The best one I've come across to date is "Ways of the Rifle", but it's more aimed ('scuse the pun) at olympic shooting. However, it's dealing with the fundamentals of shooting, so it would be of interest. There's also "The Wind Book", which I'm reading at the moment, it's a pretty damn good book on how to read wind conditions for outdoor shooting. You could also look up David Tubb's book on rifle shooting, though that's more aimed at fullbore NRA shooting.

Advertisement