Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U2 the worst band of the last 20 years?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Here is a far superior band to U2.

Karl

There are MANY far superior bands to Upoo. In every way except extreme pomposity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Maccattack wrote:
    Karl

There are MANY far superior bands to Upoo. In every way except extreme pomposity.

That statement is true, but still, I recommend that particular band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Here is a far superior band to U2.

Different folks different strokes. That is pure cak to me

joejoem wrote:
    Different folks different strokes. That is pure cak to me

Your opinion is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Your opinion is wrong.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I agree with the OP, U2 are the worst band ever. I remember when I was about 15 I was trying to convince my friend the Edge was rubbish, he wasn't buying any of it. God how I hate seeing him in top 10 guitarists polls. Also all U2 fans molest children.

Karl you're a barrel of laughs.

I'm laughing hysterically Karl. I'm on the floor and I think my lungs are about to burst.

Also all U2 fans molest children.

Starving children. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Quite literally one of the best bands in recent years. The Joshua Tree ranks as one of the greatest albums. I don't care for bono or any of that political crap they seem to be hated for, I just love the music. Some of their tracks are almost spiritual.

Woops, I've fallen into the trap. LOL U2! and all that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Spiritual? Feckin hell man, you need to listen to some proper spiritual music. Try Elliot Smith for that. U2 suck ass, that's a fact. The only people I know who listen to them have about 20 cd's in their collection. For the best band of the last 20 years try the Go-Betweens. Who?? I thought so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FoneFreak

Ticket sales for their concerts says that they are the most sought after band anywhere in the world. They are also the most bootlegged band around. Their albums are the most anticipated releases in the industry. There isn't another band around that would deny U2 are the best.

No more bull$hit on here please ... begrudging ba$tards.

U2 are THE biggest and best band band in the world.

For the best band of the last 20 years

Opeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

FoneFreak wrote:
    Ticket sales for their concerts says that they are the most sought after band anywhere in the world. They are also the most bootlegged band around. Their albums are the most anticipated releases in the industry. There isn't another band around that would deny U2 are the best.

No more bull$hit on here please ... begrudging ba$tards.

U2 are THE biggest and best band band in the world.

Herd mentality, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Worst bands of the last 20 years

The Darkness
    The thrills
    A-Ha

I wioo add to this list as they come to mind

Ancient1 wrote:
    Herd mentality, tbh.

Agreed. The way some people here are talking, it seems the only reason they listen to U2 is because they sell so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

joejoem wrote:

The Darkness
    The thrills
    A-Ha

I wioo add to this list as they come to mind

You forgot U2

joejoem wrote:
    A-Ha

What? Even after that excellent James Bond theme they had? :v:

You forgot U2

joejoem banned for going off-topic!

:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

joejoem wrote:
    A-Ha
    :eek:
    But anywho, I don't like U2, but worst band of the last twenty years is a wild exaggeration.

• Advertisement

Agreed. The way some people here are talking, it seems the only reason they listen to U2 is because they sell so much.

I do partially agree with you on this. Saying that just because a band sold x number of albums implies a level of quality I agree is lame. Also I don't rate their recent albums at all. Zooropa was the last decent one, in my opinion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

u2 to me have never cut it, and i've been putting up with them for years during the 80's i much prefer REM and still do and looking back i see bands i missed out on all, in my opinion better than u2.

I think they're completely over rated and for the person who found them spiritual, what kind of soul have you?

i think Macattack and Karl had it right when they said "upoo" and "your opinion is wrong"

let us know what bono's new year message is will ya?

I do partially agree with you on this. Saying that just because a band sold x number of albums implies a level of quality I agree is lame. Also I don't rate their recent albums at all. Zooropa was the last decent one, in my opinion.

I wouldn't really rate any of their albums in all honesty, but even then I do certainly agree they've got downhill into sheer bleak tedium.

Tell me though, what do you think of the band Camel?

not familar with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

haven't read whole thread but to blanketly say that U2 are the worst band of the last 20 years is just as bad as blindly following them. i will agree they are not deserving of the rediculus following they have and they have gone down hill, but there is worse, a lot worse.

What bugs the hell out of me is that some people think that U2 are beyond criticism just because they're huge.

They're not.

not familar with them.

Alrighty, have a look here, and check out some of the mp3s. Amazing band altogether, and mainman Andy Latimer was a phenominal guitarist, vocalist and songwriter. Listen to the song Lady Fantasy, which should be the first mp3 there, and you'll see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

I wouldn't really rate any of their albums in all honesty, but even then I do certainly agree they've got downhill into sheer bleak tedium.

Rubbish

JimmyK wrote:
    Rubbish

Explain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

most over rated band ever my friends adores them sames 2 notes from the edge every song cant stand them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement