Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U2 the worst band of the last 20 years?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Read the post again fool.

No, keep him out of the same sentence as bowie and the stones(

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Cos u know you misread it fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Are we having a Mr T competition?

Check this out...

"I pity the fool who drinks my milk!" :mad:

Cos u know you misread it fool.
    Did I

Doctor J wrote:
    Are we having a Mr T competition?

Check this out...

"I pity the fool who drinks my milk!" :mad:

Well If the T is for Throll, Im on a looser already..........

Fair play to ye chucknorriss, you win

• Advertisement

Throll? Like halfway between a throw and a roll?

Ha ha ha, ah well, when it gets all musicosnobbericious and people start name calling over the silliest things what can one do other than get Mr T'd up? :v:

Doctor J wrote:
    musicosnobbericious v:

Permission to use said word?:v:

love it:)

Please do :v:

Doctor J wrote:
    Please do :v:

Your a gentleman,,, now were were we

U2, I could honestly say that IMO they are not even in the top 10000 worst bands of the last 20 years, doesnt mean I like them..
    Just have fond memories of hits like Sunday bloody sunday,one,with or without you,beautifull day,desire,bad,pride, still havnt found, new years day etc etc etc etc
    Holy jebus they are good:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How has this not been locked yet?! :eek:

• Advertisement

Just have fond memories of hits like Sunday bloody sunday,one,with or without you,beautifull day,desire,bad,pride, still havnt found, new years day etc etc etc etc

Aye, the first Greatest Hits package wasn't short on memorable tunes at all

basquille wrote:
    How has this not been locked yet?! :eek:

:v: Im going to be locked in about 2 hours, hooray for chrimbo.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Nothing irritates me more than musical snobbery. As always it comes from music 'nerds' whose lifelong ambition is to make it on to the panel of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. They will preach to all that will listen that practically every acclaimed band are rubbish and they will point you towards the light in the form of some obscure band nobody has heard of with 4 fans. I'll freely admit that I'm no music expert, but I know what I like, and after all music is all about personal taste. These bands may or may not be technically better musicians, but frankly I don't really care and nor do most other people.

I do enjoy a lot of U2's music, and as far as live performances go I can't think of any other band which could rival them. Yes Bono is a bit of a tit, and the rest of them may not be the most talented or technically brilliant musicians, but to class them as the worst band ever is just typical Irish begrudgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I posted a thread like this before, though not exactly the same title. U2 are not the same band they once were and I thought they should retire rather than going the same road as the Stones. They were in my mind the greatest band of all time (yep even ahead of the Beatles), but because of what I've seen and heard the last 5 years or so I'm begining to change my mind. I'd rather see them going out "on top" of their profession now than further down the road. They don't have it on stage anymore and to be honest the quality of song they are producing now is not great. Just my opinion though.....hate the way you have to always state that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FoneFreak

I've never read so much b0ll0x in all my life.

Are any one of these music critics posting here older than 20 ?

12 even ?

one word: D1CKHEAD$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

U2 have also used synths and electronic studio gear since their earlier albums, the "Unforgetable Fire" being the first one to extensively use them curtesy of the Edge and Mr. Brian Eno. To say the Edge and Larry are mediocre musicians is just incorrect and ill-informed.

For enquiring minds and musicans out there, try and watch the TV documentary on the making of the Joshua Tree that was on a few years ago...you''ll see what I'm getting at.

ps. Mike Stipe never wrote any of the music in REM, t'was the other 3 guys, buck, berry and mills. His contribution was lyrics and editing the music into song shape.

Personally The Rolling Stones have bored me since about 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Seriously-this should have been locked ages ago.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement