Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB on the blink

• 21-12-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

My router keeps disconnecting and using the net is becoming nigh on impossible. Have been onto Tech Support but they keep suggesting resetting the router (Done it) and suggesting its website issues (it isn't) and other people seem to be having the same problem according to the message board on support.smarttelecom.ie but no actual explanations. Anyone? Anyone? Im going ****ing crazy here!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

My router keeps disconnecting and using the net is becoming nigh on impossible. Have been onto Tech Support but they keep suggesting resetting the router (Done it) and suggesting its website issues (it isn't) and other people seem to be having the same problem according to the message board on support.smarttelecom.ie but no actual explanations. Anyone? Anyone? Im going ****ing crazy here!!!

If your router is continously disconnecting, get them to check your line attenuation if they haven't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Interesting... my BB connection was rock solid for several months (not a single disconnect), but has become a bit unstable since the speed upgrade. I'm not quite getting the full 6mb/512kb so I'm probably hitting the limits of what my line can handle. I'm hoping it'll settle down. Haven't applied the router patch because up to now I had no reason to (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Yeah, my problem exactly. No problems until last thursday when they upgraded the network and now Im ****ed. Hope it's sorted soon.

Advertisement