Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clans

Options
  • 21-12-2005 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

The best way to get good at this game is obviously to team up and learn from the better players around you. I've only been playing this game a week and havne't poste don this forum so maybe this is something that's been covered aleady but are their clans posters here are a member of and Is there a common server you all play on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

Read the sticky on clan applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was a member of NRG, sound guys on there that dont take it too serious. Changed job and just dont have the time anymore so quit there last week:mad: they are always open to new member. As said above look at the sticky or www.clannrg.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Basically 2 main ones that use this forum would be TiG & NRG which are both predominently irish
    Also get some from GFF but think its more mixed.
    Then think is IoL(irish online army) & ya could check the others on the clan sticky. There is a airsoft ireland server but dunno if that a clan or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Clans suck balls, start off with likeminded players playing for fun in a group then rapidly descend into mass retardism with people assuming a bad word against their clan is as if their entire family has been defamed. Then the competitions start are soon "fun" is organised...like that works....

Avoid all clans espesically irish ones they the worst :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KdjaC wrote:
    Clans suck balls, start off with likeminded players playing for fun in a group then rapidly descend into mass retardism with people assuming a bad word against their clan is as if their entire family has been defamed. Then the competitions start are soon "fun" is organised...like that works....

kdjac
    Ouch.

TiG ftw tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What kjdac said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

that's some sig you got there stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'm in [IRL] (they started as a MOH clan - |>IRL-FCA<|) they're a friendly bunch. If you want PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Actually, if I think of it I'll post the IP of their ranked server, it'd be good to play with some boardsters!

IP: 84.244.130.18:16567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

What a load of rubbish Kd. Your welcome to your opinion, albeit one sided. The reason I was around at the start of TiG and am still there is because of the friendship that is involved. Most of us have met each other in person a few times, gone to lans together etc. We have purchased our own server together, servers that are open to clan and non clan members alike.

Multiplayer gaming is great fun, excellent, but add to it the fact that you are playing with people you know in person and can yell abuse at without them taking it to heart then you will understand what clan play is like.

We have entered a fair few competitions. Some we have been rubbish in, and some we have reached finals in. Yes it was hard graft, but nearly 95% of the matches involved have been fun.

We welcome any player who is mature and responsible and can respect other players. We regonise that people need to have fun and always try and arrange intra clan matches and competitions with that in mind.

As I said before you are welcome to your opinion, however I would say that most clan members who are in good fun clans would say you are very wrong.

As for
    a bad word against their clan is as if their entire family has been defamed.
    then you couldnt be more wrong. Several times we have had clans come to our site to complain about members. We have always been mature and helped resolve the dispute.

Anyways as Jimeatsmenu said "TIG FTW".

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KdjaC wrote:
    Clans suck balls, start off with likeminded players playing for fun in a group then rapidly descend into mass retardism with people assuming a bad word against their clan is as if their entire family has been defamed. Then the competitions start are soon "fun" is organised...like that works...
    Agreed, but I have to add a "but". The "but" is... if you talk to the clan, you'll find that the competitions are done by people who like that sort of thing. There is also those who like to play with the clan, and after awhile like to play in the match's. Others like to play in the matchs straight away.

BUT, if you talk to the "leaders" about a gripe that you have, they may tell you of a way around it. Example: I HATE BFV with a passion. Never got on well with the game, but BF42 and BF2 are good. So I stayed on the sidelines in BFV, after talking with a few of the crew from the clan, untill BF2 came out (I'm now at the sidelines cos the card I have can't handle BF2:rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

that's some sig you got there stephen

Yes, i'm suprised the sig police haven't slapped me down for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Clans , can be all things to all people , they are what you make them , bla bla bla , <insert> random saying<insert> .

I have been in the same clan now for just over two years , some of the members in this current clan were in the same clan as me before that for, in or around , two years . I have had people from Holland , Belgium and England over here to stay for weekends .

Most nights the same old guys are on TS and we chat and take the piss out of each other and play some games . We have played compeditively in leagues and cups but at the same time have had members that didn't participate . Some of us currently are playing BF2 for fun while the others are playing a different game on a more serious basis . We are not all best friends but we all get along . We are from different age groups , ranging from one or two around 20 to the majority between 25 and 35 and a select few of us hovering around the 40 mark .

Socially , I find it great . I really wouldn't be bothered sitting in front of my pc playing games on my own and I have had enough of TV over the years to last me a lifetime plus being a financial cripple , going out ain't really an option , plus I kinda did that to death when I was .......well....younger :) .

So , obviously I highly reccomend it , but it ain't for everyone , plus when you are younger and single and such , then I would reccomend that you turn off your pc and get out .

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

wrote:
    Multiplayer gaming is great fun, excellent, but add to it the fact that you are playing with people you know in person and can yell abuse at without them taking it to heart then you will understand what clan play is like.

couldnt agree more , we have a Clan [DSMT] we dont have a server , but we dont take it to serious and we played online games for a good while now 2 -3 years we also play the mmorpgs , but having mates you can shout abuse at on vent or TS is fun , we have 3 irish and a few english in the clan , but we have a good laugh , never take anything to serious

in BF2 terms im a Noob only started playing a while ago while me CLan have played since release , but they help me through things and it make the games more fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

Granted there is definitely that element out there, which I came across all the time with Splinter cell, but if your clan is made up of a bunch of guys who are not ****ing idiots then the fun element should remain, and anyone who brings the clan into disrepute should be booted.

Also from experience with other online games its quite dificult to become a top player at these team games if you are not actually part of a team, and being in a clan is best way to learn the game fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Berns wrote:
    Basically 2 main ones that use this forum would be TiG & NRG which are both predominently irish
    Also get some from GFF but think its more mixed.
    Then think is IoL(irish online army) & ya could check the others on the clan sticky. There is a airsoft ireland server but dunno if that a clan or what.

Just thought id mention that 1st-IB have started BF2 and will be kicking it off properlly in the new year. Visit www.1st-ib.net and goto the battlefeild division. We are no longer a BFV clan we are a BF clan we try to play all Battlefeild games now though BF2 is taking over. We still play BFV ladder matches and have no plans to give BFV up either. But BF2 is on the rise at 1st-IB.

Advertisement