Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension Cost

• 21-12-2005 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello Everyone,

Maybe you can help me with the following, I'm getting confused between metrics and imperial !!! Basically I'm looking into building an extension which is about 842 square feet or 78 square meters, Ive had my architecte to give me a rule a thumb for the price and he said that we should count on 75 euros per square meters, on the other hand , a builder told me to count 80 euros per square feet !!! Would you know which one is the closest to reality as there is a huge difference depending on the metric/imperial measures ?
    Many thanks in advance
    Melanie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

i've just finished getting a 35sqm extension which worked out at 40K all tolled ie kitchen units widows etc. had one quote for 65K. the quote at €80 per sq ft is probably about right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I'd say your architecht has his head up his...

€80 to €120 square foot more realistic, depending on what is included in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 moonasola

Yep I wouldn't be surprised if the archi was wrong !! After all the trouble he gave us !!
    Anyways many thanks for your replies !!
    I guess I'll have to start saving then ! Lol !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

yep 80 a sq foot is on low side actually, some recommend factoring up to 150 a square foot.
    actually its still pretty cheap if u think about it compared to house costs in the capital, eg a 2000 sq foot house brick cost is 270-300 grand, real market cost 1 million-3 million...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

landser wrote:
    i've just finished getting a 35sqm extension which worked out at 40K all tolled ie kitchen units widows etc. had one quote for 65K. the quote at €80 per sq ft is probably about right
    looks like you got a good deal there Landser. how much work was involved eg number of walls etc. did you have more than the kitchen built. what type of roof did you use.

tks in adv for any info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement