Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who the hell is Adrian Lewis

Options
  • 21-12-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

This guy is 2nd fav at 7/1 i never heard of him...

Can anyone enlighten me on who this guy is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The Protege of Phil Taylor. He practices every day with Phil, and it seems to be rubbing off. Phil sponsors him. He's fairly rocketed up the rankings this year and will be in the top 16 after the World Championships. He won two ranking events in November, neither of which Taylor was in, although he is one of the few men to have beaten Taylor in a ranking event this year.

I think his odds are too short though. He hasnt had the experience of playing in the latter stages of a big event. I'd expect Roland Scholten to push him very hard in the last 16 - and if he does get by that, I couldnt see him getting by either Mark Walsh or Peter Manley in the quarters. However, one thing he does have is confidence and belief in his own ability - something often lacking in those I've mentioned. One thing for sure is that if he did prove good enough to make the final, he won't bottle it in the final (something Taylor himself said in an interview on Monday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

he is a very good young player but i agree his odds are way too short. He has got the experience at this stage but i don't think anyone will want to play him and the fact taylor is i the other half of the draw may explain why his odds are so short.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The only reason his odds are so short is because of all the hype surrounding him at the moment and the fact that he is in the easiest half of the draw. But like the others said I dont think he has the necessary experience but I wouldnt put it past him to do well. Scholten will be a big test but Scholten is very hit and miss sometimes and can struggle on his doubles so Lewis has a big chance. Still there is no way I would have him at 7/1 second favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

he is brilliant..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Its interesting to see that Lewis is still being made third favourite behind the big two despite never actually winning anything and never even getting a final. He seems to do really well and then bottle it.

Maybe the split from Taylor will help him as their wont be anymore talk of Lewis being Taylors protege. With Van Gerwen and Klaasen on the scene now he is no longer the only up and coming kid on the circuit so they may take even more pressure off him in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

He is a player with a lot of potential imho, i think its only a matter of time before he wins a big event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Another good result tonight, decent average, plenty of 180's and a whopping double hit-rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Get in Lewis. I backed him against Lloyd 4/5(draw no bet). Easy mony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Shame he's such a príck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

haha..

• Advertisement
Advertisement