Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card Receipts

Options
  • 21-12-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know why on some laser card receipts that you retain the entire card number along with the expirary date is printed on it? Is it not supposed to to only have the last four digits of the card number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I seen that as well, I questioned one shop about it and basically brushed me off saying "its just does, it the machine". So use to burn my receipts. Have since gotten rib of it as I could never control my expences with the damm thing, to easly spend money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

LFC Murphy wrote:
    I seen that as well, I questioned one shop about it and basically brushed me off saying "its just does, it the machine". So use to burn my receipts. Have since gotten rib of it as I could never control my expences with the damm thing, to easly spend money.
    It seems to depend on the bank or how the machines are setup.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yes, I used to work for a multi-national retail company, and this was brought to their attention on several occassions, however I.T were waiting on next upgrade of software (for over a year) to fix this issue.

(Not a customer friendly approach I know, but that was the reality)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

LFC Murphy wrote:
    I seen that as well, I questioned one shop about it and basically brushed me off saying "its just does, it the machine". So use to burn my receipts.
    You need to make a big fuss in the shop to have any affect. Make sure you get to speak to the manager. Pepper your conversation with 'fraud' & 'theft' in a loud voice in front of other customers. Tell them that you're getting onto head office in the morning (and do it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is very lazy software specification and will change when laser cards become chipped. This is because there are strict guidelines for receipt printing (including trcking references) for chipped transactions and the banks test the process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement