Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pod

Options
  • 21-12-2005 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I'am going downstairs here in the conrad for my Work Christmass Lunch. I'am a little concerned because I've just learnt they have rented the Pod out from 8pm. Now the last last time I was in the Pod was about three years ago, and as far as I could tell there were three types of people who frequented the place. Those looking to sell drugs, Those looking to buy drugs and head the balls tooled up looking for trouble. I'am I going to need some Kelver body armour for the afters or am I better off tipping down to the leeson Lounge and then the Burlo for a few late beers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

u should be alright now,its 3 yrs on donot worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The pod is brilliant now, I only go on Thursdays tho it's student night, best night out anywhere in Dublin.. There was absolutely no scumbags at all there..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its a bit crap now tbh.

If you like going to see covers bands and bands that dont gig anywhere else, then its your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

starn wrote:
    I'am going downstairs here in the conrad for my Work Christmass Lunch. I'am a little concerned because I've just learnt they have rented the Pod out from 8pm. Now the last last time I was in the Pod was about three years ago, and as far as I could tell there were three types of people who frequented the place. Those looking to sell drugs, Those looking to buy drugs and head the balls tooled up looking for trouble. I'am I going to need some Kelver body armour for the afters or am I better off tipping down to the leeson Lounge and then the Burlo for a few late beers

Usually when you write I'm you leave out the "a".

Just a suggestion.

Pod is ok. Go with a few people though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 partygurl2005

i go to the pod every thurs on student night. it's great! theres a really cute bouncer there who works inside. we have a bet on who can pull him. so far none of us have managed! think he has a g/f :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Or maybe yis are ugly

*shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I used to work in the place. One night we had to stay till 8 am to make the place pass basic health standars. The bars were really disgusting with surfaces that were uncleanable. I really hate the owner so I would never give him any business plus he helped Boyzone become.
    A note on the bouncers from when I worked there, they truely were not nice people. Not sure what ever happened to the rape case that involved bouncers in the club toilets either but not saying they were guilty but it was after my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

was once one of the best clubs in europe.

then the bouncers went very bad and it was an awful place

but now the crawdady is a classic little venue .

but dont be afraid.

be brave.

Advertisement