Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode criticism Unfair

Options
  • 21-12-2005 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Iv read the criticism about Barcode on here and its really harsh on the place people saying its full of scumbags, im from Beaumont which wouldnt be classified as a "rough" area and enjoy most night in Barcode and have never ever had one bit of trouble.

The place is big spacious , modern you are always guarenteed a seat and table , the drinks are €3 most the people i talk to there are real nice and sound.

And as for the bouncers againiv never had one bit of trouble with them and they're usually grand with telling me to enjoy my night.

So all in all i think people are just jumping on the Lets slag barcode bandwagon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been there once or twice and I really don't have anything bad to say about the place. I'm not big into night clubs but at least this place is bright and it's easy enough to have a conversation if you so wish.

I wasn't too thrilled about the mandatory cloak room policy they seem to have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

Yeah i suppose but im sure they dont want to be blamed if your coat gets robbed while your up getting a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

NCIRL wrote:
    Yeah i suppose but im sure they dont want to be blamed if your coat gets robbed while your up getting a drink

Barcode is a joke, full of scangers and the bouncers are pri*ks.

You must be a hot girl, that's why it's so easy.

I got barred for "looking tired". My friends are never allowed in "Not tonight lads". We go to DCU and dress well. Fu*k barcode it's a joke. I wouldn't be caught dead in there. It is criticised for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

haaha akindoc got totally destroyed in another forum trying to claim that there is scientific proof of the existence of god! , and now she cant get into a bar maybe you should try praying to get in HAHAHAHAH.
    oh and baarcodes full of "scanger" i take offence to such a remark as calling others scangers POSH ****!
    thats my justifiacation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was one thread not enough?
    I don't see the need to go starting another thread on the same topic tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Barcode is great.

Akindoc you mates are not let in for reason because they probabley go up in groups. Just go up in ones or twos and it's grand.

Going there this friday ;) :cool:

I'm from Edenmore and I always get in :D:D:p:p :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Barcode? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

akindoc wrote:
    Barcode is a joke, full of scangers and the bouncers are pri*ks.

You must be a hot girl, that's why it's so easy.

I got barred for "looking tired". My friends are never allowed in "Not tonight lads". We go to DCU and dress well. Fu*k barcode it's a joke. I wouldn't be caught dead in there. It is criticised for a reason.

Im male

Well maybe akindoc wants to think your a hot girl :D:p :rolleyes: :o :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

akindoc wrote:

Ah the sweet, sweet taste of sour grapes.

Akindoc wouldn't be caught dead in there - but not through lack of trying by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Barcode is sh1te full stop. Sh1t DJ and sh1t general layout of the place, it looks more like a wedding reception hall than a nightclub. I havent found it full of skangers, more like full of uni heads and snobbish culchies who love cheesy music. Its not the worst (Redz being hell, Tramcos being a place that I nearly died at due to lactose intolerance brought on by the cheese they played) but its not the best either. If you like The Killers, have a sh1te head of hair and you hung around the Central Bank in a Nirvana hoodie until you were 17 yil love it. But for people who never became a twat in the teenage years it should be avoided like the plague.

They didnt let me in the last time I went and tbh I didnt give a sh1te. My mate came out of the club and we headed into town for decent tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Go to that gym so I've been there twice just to see what it was like.
    It's kiddie central in there, think the only people over 21 were the staff and myself !

Cloakroom policy is a joke if you smoke as you have to freeze your balls off outside although I've been told by the bouncers that the reason they have it is that kids were sneaking in spirits in their coat pockets !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

sounds like the measures that were in place for teenage discos back in the day. Its a wonder they even serve drink in there they should just turn it into an under 18's hangout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Horrible horrible place. Full of fake tan, lynx & guys wearing clothes they bought straight from the window of topshop. Dont get me started on the music or the "no excitable dancing" signs. There are cameras everywhere...there is a tacky plastic fountain out the back. The DJ is a twat and has played maniac 2000 a fair few times..

I could go on, but I wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I was there once, quite liked the place. It was different, with the pool tables and that. However i would rarely plan a night there as you're never guaranteed to get in. Ive heard of a dose of people jus getting turned away for no apparent reason, sometimes people on their own, 2 or 3 lads, a guy with his gf. So i figure the bouncers really pick and choose unless maybe they recognise ya or something. Its as good as anywhere tbh.
    And the music isnt the worst, a little bit of everything if ya ask me, not just this 100% RnB crap ya get in most clubs in dublin (which i really hate). I mean some places play (Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and that "Hey Mr.DJ, jump on the replay" or something 2 or 3 times a night - headwreckin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I actually like Barcode mainly due to it's layout and style but apart from that it does deserve the criticism it gets.

Why? Mainly their policy for getting into the place. I've been refused entry far more times than i've been let in. Everytime I've been refused it's been for..... no reason whatsover. The doormen are arrogant pr!cks (obviously not unique in Dublin) more than any other place i've come across. It is so frustrating when you make an effort dresswise and are not drunk and don't get in while the scumbags with drink on them behind you get in no bother. I know for a fact of 16 year old girls getting into barcode too. On the rare occasion you do get in the place is ridiculously overcrowded and you can't move. Barcode do everything to attract the scumbags so if they want that sort of clientel they are more than welcome to them. I haven't been to Barcode in 7 months now and i'm not the only person who has given up on the place.

Zane from MTV2 wrote

Barcode do everything to attract the scumbags

Explain???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭LORDOFDOOM

Last night they charged full price drinks. So scabby.

Zane. Did you not see the "NO LOSERS" sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

akindoc wrote:
    I wouldn't be caught dead in there.

Ahahaha, 'cos you wouldn't be able to?

Getting refused from Barcode.

How pathetic can some people get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 partygurl2005

barcodes kewl but the dancefloors 2 small!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its fairly crap, only due to bouncers, i've been tons of times...yet i go sober once and they dont let me for no reason, they can be a great laugh and then ass holes the next week, really puts you off when they have no real admitance plan, the let in the dirtiests of dublin, let when respectable peole come along the dont let them in, at least other clubs are consistant with policies of what type they let in, its not like the place is easy to get to, ya dont get in your nights pretty screwed and thats what puts you off the place, i can handle the large amount of scum inside, i dont have to talk to them, its just a big bondi, in a dodgy area with menstral bouncers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

raheny red wrote:
    Explain???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

eh I thought I said this.....
    It is so frustrating when you make an effort dresswise and are not drunk and don't get in while the scumbags with drink on them behind you get in no bother.

Ah well Raheny Red...... Jason Byrne is waster and he isn't fit to lace Weso's boots!!! ;)

BTW I'm not Anto or ***u know who***

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh my God I have an internet stalker!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So obviously you do be on the shels web. So what is your user name on that forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭LORDOFDOOM

YOU DO BE ON SHELLS WEB

knackers.

How are we knackers??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Becasue we can get into Barcode.

^^^^^

Probably that as well but I think he was calling me a knacker for being a shels fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 musicality

Haven't been there yet,

I'm still studying the debate to see what the story is.

Most people seem to have at least one horror story alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I used to go there after work every Friday and it was great. That was a year and a half ago though.

• Advertisement

Iwanna go to barcode!i have long collegey hair!will i get in?:confused:

Advertisement