Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Scientist 2006

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

Stand number?

what, i havent got a stand number yet, am I supposed to have one. BTW

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE DIMENSIONS OF THE DISPLAY BOARD ON THE YOUNG SCIENTIST STAND

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Last year my bro did a project on the aerodynamics of paper airplanes, I was amazed that he got accepted and as well as that he featured in the irish times and on Television.

He is doing something on fuel cells and Methnol this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

what, i havent got a stand number yet, am I supposed to have one. BTW

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE DIMENSIONS OF THE DISPLAY BOARD ON THE YOUNG SCIENTIST STAND
    When I did it 2 (?) years ago they sent me a letter and it had a diagram of the stand, dimensions and all, and gave me the stand number that I was assigned to. I guess you'll get it over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Depends how long before Elizabeth's tongue gets tired.

Oh no, I would simply be observing and recording the facts :)

I got that letter, but no stand number on it.

Please does anybody know the dimensions of the stand, I lost the card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well, search for your project here to find the stand number.

The website says that you should "see stand dimensions below" and then doesn't give the freakin' dimensions! I suggest you call them and then tell us your stand number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Piste wrote:
    "...we talk to two Quake players who have been shafted, discharged and chewed on boomsticks until the cows came (home) about their experiences"

The information would be presented through video, more accurate that way.

Who wants to undertake such a task?

/me glances at PFM
    I think the question is, who is intrepid enough to ride MY rocket? =)

I had an idea for an Internet-Related YS project... in that, I got a witty title ("Love at First Site - Internet Dating?"), but yeah, maybe I'll enter it next year.
    ANYONE STEAL MY TITLE AND YOU ARE SO SHAFTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My title on Teenage Drinking which I want to do at some point is "Smells Like Teen Spirits?"

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

jono087 wrote:
    well......we wouldn't hold it against you. like i've been known to wear blue socks myself from time to time.
    I actually am wearing blue socks. At first glance they look black but they're actually very very very dark blue.

Some guy from my class did the young Scientist a few years ago. He made his own energy drink and experimented . . I mean tested it on the class. Haven't been since though I have a new physics teacher this year who might take us during school.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

My school was taken to the Young Scientist in 1st year. Ironically, that very day a building collapsed in Mallow at the same time that we would be let off school. You could say that Young Scientist saved somebody's life...

Or not

• Advertisement

YS 2006 kicked ass, there were a lot of cool people there this year, r

Yas - were so going back next year, that was the best crraic evera

Advertisement