Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onspeed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

As I have been doing some reading, it has come to my attention that some of the copper lines are actually so poor as to be incapable of supporting ISDN activity? Is this true, or inaccurate, or true in some respects only?

Correct, and is distance limited. You're a whole lot more likely to get ISDN than DSL, but that said, there are many rural lines (and some urban ones) that wont support ISDN.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

I have ISDN (using one channel) going into a combined wireless ISDN/Boadband (one lives in eternal hope) router (includes ISDN TA) and it works a treat. WIreless internet in the entire house, haven't noticed any loss of performance on the wireless links, two people using the Internet connection for browsing is no problem, deterioation is only noticable if a lengthy download is in progress.
    Of course I WANT BB but in the absence and, realistically speaking, little chance of getting it anytime soon, of BB this is the best I can get (together with UTV flat rate).

A bit OT: Does anybody know whether BT's business "flat" rate uses a dialler? Or would the actual phone nubers be available as I obviously cannot use a dialler with a router. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

netwhizkid wrote:
    You uploads are unlimited to your dial-up ie. You upload via your telephone line at whatever slow speed you are already getting in my case I get 44kbps. And that is my upload speed;

Uploads on analogue modems are restricted to 33kbps - your 44kbps is only an indication of your top download speed.

Advertisement