Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Dublin, broadband options?

• 21-12-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I just moved to Dublin from sweden where I was enjoying a 10MB syncronous connection. I have taken a look at whats available and it seems that the closest I can get to a decent connection is irish broadbands 2mb sync service (anything faster is just obcenly expensive). I have also heard a lot of negative comments about IBB level/quality of service. So, does anyone have any tips on where I should look? I really _must_ have a syncronous service or as close to it as possible.

Your advice is gratfully received! :)

variant

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

variant wrote:
    Hi all,

I just moved to Dublin from sweden where I was enjoying a 10MB syncronous connection. I have taken a look at whats available and it seems that the closest I can get to a decent connection is irish broadbands 2mb sync service (anything faster is just obcenly expensive). I have also heard a lot of negative comments about IBB level/quality of service. So, does anyone have any tips on where I should look? I really _must_ have a syncronous service or as close to it as possible.

Your advice is gratfully received! :)

variant

Move back home as quickly as you can - sorry for being so pessimistic:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 variant

thanks but thats a little less constructive than I was hoping for :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

dub45 wrote:
    Move back home as quickly as you can - sorry for being so pessimistic:eek:
    ahahahahahhahahhahah :D:)

Smart is 6mb/512 at the moment and I also hear NTL will be 10mb

You cannot hope for service/prices/blonde females speed to match your native Sweden though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

digiwebs metro?
    your lucky you have so many to choose from
    at least your not stuck waiting for someone to release broadband other than satellite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Depends on what area. If you can get NTL go with that. Probably best service/most reasonably priced you'll get. Other wise try smart or magnet.

www.ntl.ie
    www.smarttelecom.ie
    www.magnet.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

you will find over here. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 variant

All I really want is a symetric service, I don't care if it's 512k.. does anyone offer that? (other than IBB).. incedently, I sent them an enquiry email 2 weeks ago with a basic question about whether they supply more ip adresses if I want or not which I still have not got a reply about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't touch IBB mate, you'll lose whatever hair you have

Advertisement