Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring Downloads

• 21-12-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting Eircom Broadband home starter for €40 or whatever it is. There is a download cap on it, how do you know when you have reached your cap for the month. Is Eircom worth getting?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am thinking of getting Eircom Broadband home starter for €40 or whatever it is. There is a download cap on it, how do you know when you have reached your cap for the month. Is Eircom worth getting?

Eircom do not appear to have ever charged anyone for breaching the cap. they are the most expensive of the dsl providers but amongst the most reliable - there is rarely a complaint on here about their bb service (as distinct from Eircom as a corporate body). So you pays your money.....

Dont suppose you are on a Smart enabled exchange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dub45 wrote:
    Dont suppose you are on a Smart enabled exchange?

No I am not, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

6MB down 512k up is why.

I called them asking about a biz/home line because I want a 1mb upload. they said they will see if they can give me that sort of connection if I pay something like a fiver extra or drop my 6mb down to a 4mb.... which I would happily do.

I was also informed that the 6mb is just a test for faster lines they may* impement if successful (hope that clears up on the rumours I keep seeing here).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No I am not, why?

Because Smart offer 2mb/128 for 35 euros with no download limit unless you go bonkers. And the 35 euros includes line rental. they are currently experimenting with much faster speeds for customers over the Christmas period. At the moment you can up your upload speed to 256 for a fiver extra per month.

Advertisement