Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options
  • 21-12-2005 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My friend and I are moving to Dublin (from Limerick) at the end of January, but as we're not too familiar with the area we're unsure as to where we should look for accommodation. :o

Ideally, we're looking for 2 single rooms in a house/apartment. I am commuting to Stephen's Green and my friend is working in Sandyford so we need to be close to the green Luas line (or is there bus transport that services this?! - we really don't know! :confused: ) this is the most important factor (as well as cost, of course!).

What areas are along the line that we should look at? Or within close walking distance of a stop? would be willing to walk 10-15mins to a luas stop max. (think of walking in the rain in work clothes...hmmm...no thanks!)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where in Sandyford? Sandyford is not the same as Sandyford Industrial Estate.

Try the areas around UCD Dundrum, Clonskeagh, Donnybrook, Stillorgan and a little further away in Ranelagh and Rathmines. Good links and plenty of properties available.

The further out, generally the less rent you pay, just expect to pay more for travel, especially late night taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

If you are referring to sandyford industrial estate, then there are loads of apartments around dundrum and balally luas stops. You might find rooms to rent in houses around the dundrum end of ballinteer, or around the sandyford/leopardstown area but make sure these are within walking distance of the luas, both these areas border the luas stops at some point but some parts are over a mile away. Alternatively you could look for apartments around the city centre like camdem street which is less than 10 mins walk to the stephens green luas.

Check out www.luas.ie to find out which areas border the green luas line then check out www.daft.ie or the evening herald to match with apartments.

Advertisement