Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raves In Ireland

• 21-12-2005 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Well i was just thinking the other day and wondering if there are any raves in ireland? Iv heard of one or two over the years but do any of them still go on???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Creation.

Where is that on?
    I'd love to go to a couple and see what there like iv always been a raver at heart...

Also i heard of 1 in Dub called Devils Valey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

you already know too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

raves?

sorry officer, there's no raves going one here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

tman wrote:
    raves?

What do you have against the word Rave?Why you you post on a dance forum if your constanly slating the word Rave?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

jonny68 wrote:
    What do you have against the word Rave?Why you you post on a dance forum if your constanly slating the word Rave?:confused:
    Uh....what?
    Raves are illegal, hes purely just hiding the fact that there is raves in Ireland so that no little piggies who might be reading this thread decide to crash the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonny68 wrote:
    it's just your personal use of the word "rave" that i have a problem with.
    your idea of a rave seems to be cheesy old skool hardcore in relatively big venues, with an entrance fee bordering on the pisstaking. i'd be willing to bet there are white gloves and whistles involved as well...

any proper rave that i've ever been to, has been a party organised by a few mates with a shared passion for going on a wild session in some remote part of the country. the only money i've ever handed over has been voluntary - to help pay for the rig and hard work put in by everyone involved.

sorry man. i just don't consider bringing slipmatt et al back from the dead for a night of commercial bull**** to be true "raving"

tman wrote:

your idea of a rave seems to be cheesy old skool hardcore in relatively big venues, with an entrance fee bordering on the pisstaking. i'd be willing to bet there are white gloves and whistles involved as well...
    Wrong,ive been to hundreds of underground Raves with the music varying from Old skool hardcore to Acid House to Techno to Jungle,etc,etc,anyway old skool hardcore (most of it) is far from cheesy,your probably thinking of happy hardcore,and there was nothing wrong with white gloves and whistles that was all part of the scene back in the day,i agree with you regarding entrance fee though although it's like that everywhere

any proper rave that i've ever been to, has been a party organised by a few mates with a shared passion for going on a wild session in some remote part of the country. the only money i've ever handed over has been voluntary - to help pay for the rig and hard work put in by everyone involved.
    Since i began raving in 1990 ive been to literally hundreds of these type of events and yes they are very good,better than the glitzy so called superclubs,but old skool music was like that as well,illegal raves in warehouses,aircraft hangers,muddy fields,barns,etc ive been to them all

sorry man. i just don't consider bringing slipmatt et al back from the dead for a night of commercial bull**** to be true "raving"
    Slipmatt still plays out regulary but any old skoolers who know the score dissmiss him and others as playing the same old anthems and go to another arena when he or the likes of the ratpack are on,if you wanna know what old skool is really all about go to www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk and register on the forum,im a regular on there,you might learn a few home truths about what old skool Rave is really about and it's not all cheesy anthems either,take it from someone who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Crimson... wrote:
    Well i was just thinking the other day and wondering if there are any raves in ireland? Iv heard of one or two over the years but do any of them still go on???

LOL I can't stop laughing.....just read through this now, as soon as I read the OP I immediately thought

Originally Posted by tman
    raves?

AND alarm bells rang when I read this

Where is that on?
    I'd love to go to a couple and see what there like iv always been a raver at heart...

LOL, I really wouldn't know Sarge... :D:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I don't think you're going to find many raves in December tbh.

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    your idea of a rave seems to be cheesy old skool hardcore "
    Cheesy old skool hardcore indeed :rolleyes: listen to these underground Hardcore Rave tunes from 91-93 and then try tell me they are cheesy :p

Hackney Hardcore-Dinomania.mp3

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07D5V3QILMYWN3RQP9B22UEJZP

DJ Force & Evolution-Lost It.mp3

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=36CVFC3LDC12F187GIAS3MSRAQ

DJ A Side-Ruff It Up.mp3
    http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HF76RDBY0DNR35E6DW40HB8MU

Tek 9 Feat Manix-Just A Dream.mp3
    http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DMFYTAOB6XJ15XMO5YSZONNH

Sonic Experience- Everybody Get Crazy.mp3

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12VE8H4BHFE320TYNVSXE8TUN7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Bloom Where You Are Planted

mr biazzi wrote:
    Bloom Where You Are Planted
    you what?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

jonny68 wrote:
    Cheesy old skool hardcore indeed :rolleyes: listen to these underground Hardcore Rave tunes from 91-93 and then try tell me they are cheesy :p

...hehe! You've got a point there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Crimson... wrote:
    Where is that on?

Also i heard of 1 in Dub called Devils Valey?

pigcop.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

hehe!:)

Theres does be a rave on in drumshanbo, co. leitrim in pius earleys field!apparently its really popular!about 5000 or more people usually turn up!its on twice during the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

Sico wrote:
    I don't think you're going to find many raves in December tbh.

So when do they start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

April 17th at 2 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There was meant to be a warehouse "rave" - they're referred to as "parties" these days - on on new years eve somewhere in Dublin, but it was a total shambles.

Me and my boyfriend paid 30 euro each for tickets and were told to ring an answerphone at 9.30pm to get directions...all there was was a message saying to meet at a pub at NINE...hello, why tell people to meet at 9 when they're not going to check the message til half nine?

Anyway, we got to the pub - pretty annoyed as we were going to drive to the party and there were no instructions emailed out on how to get there... - to be told it had been cancelled as they'd been "Let down by the buses".

Please...I doubt the bus company pulled out that night! Pretty sure it was a lack of ticket sales that did it. We got our tickets on the 29th and they were marked 20 and 21!

The Creation parties were brilliant, there were parties in Devils' glen and Donabate beach.. but I don't think they're happening anymore after the main guy behind them had all his equipment confiscated and ended up in court. Don't think he ever got his stuff back.

You need to get on the yahoo groups that announce the parties. You do need to be vouched for by an existing member, to keep the cops out :)

• Advertisement

maybe this topic should be kept to PMs from now on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

yes the creation gigs were great, I was at 2 in Devil's Glen and the one that got busted in that warehouse near the point at xmas time a few years ago, bastard garda wrecked it :(. Is this stuff still going on? I'm not as clued in as i used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

After being disappointed so many times in the past, I don't bother with any outdoor parties anymore unless I personally know the people involved. But when they go well, you can't beat a good aul rave :D Creation parties are always the best - Cozzy and co. have the experience to make it all run smoothly.
    the one that got busted in that warehouse near the point at xmas time a few years ago

Ha, I remember everyone pouring into the Tivoli after that one. Good night after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

the one that got busted in that warehouse near the point at xmas time a few years ago, bastard garda wrecked it :(.

that one was building up to be the best ones "EVER" and turned out the worst night ever, after the tivoli i got fu**ing mugged and broke my thumb by one of the friendly locals...

cocaine has ruined a lot of the good buzz that was about in the scene then :( & before then and a total police state has ruined chances of a decent outdoor party getting off anywhere about dublin :mad:

Advertisement