Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm told he kickbox's with Chuck Norris every Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Guy_In_Cognito

sgarvan wrote:
    he works for the department of justice on mount street. a mate of mine works with him

Aye, I saw him go the Centra (or is it Spar) on Lower Grand Canal Street, about a month ago.

As I walked further on, two girls walked past me and their conversation went like this:

Girl #1 "Oh my god! Brendan Kilkenny just went into that shop!!"
    Girl #2 "Oh my god! We are SO going in there!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mainstay

He used to work in the depart of social welfare, I worked there years ago. I was told a story about him, that he split up from this girlfriend and then the next day in work he sellotaped photos of her to his clothes and wandered around the building all day.

I dont know how true it is but I am inclined to believe it some odd people work in the civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mainstay wrote:
    He used to work in the depart of social welfare, I worked there years ago.
    I worked with him there, in Gandon House opposite Connolly Station.

Yonks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Mainstay wrote:
    He used to work in the depart of social welfare, I worked there years ago. I was told a story about him, that he split up from this girlfriend and then the next day in work he sellotaped photos of her to his clothes and wandered around the building all day.

I dont know how true it is but I am inclined to believe it some odd people work in the civil service.

I thinks thats an urban myth. Were not odd just different!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hate the cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

#Elites wrote:
    sorry, but who the **** is Brendan Killkenny?

That eejit from the Your a Star auditions who won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

i hate the cnut

Indeed. A fookin plonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

#Elites wrote:
    sorry, but who the **** is Brendan Killkenny?

Unmistakable has a hair do like the lead singer out of 'a flock of seagulls' (80's band, mad blond mullett thingy)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i always thought it was more limahl from kajagoogoo. Anyone notice that the mullet has turned that pus yellow/grey colour normally favoured by homeless alkies for their beards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 the5th

sgarvan wrote:
    he works for the department of justice on mount street. a mate of mine works with him

He works in Revenue on Mount St., ya big spoofer.

And reads the Sun every morning (dirty bas*ard). He sat beside me on a bench in merrion square a few weeks ago. I felt special, being close to such a noted celebrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

I think he's a sad sack, but he's alright :cool: .

He always makes me laugh when I see him....fair play to him

As far embarrassing the Irish name.....who gives a crap about that! We're not here to please others

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

From Brendan Kilkenny's my space

About me:
    "I'm Ireland's answer to Darius

:confused:

I don't understand when people say sh1t like this. Ireland's answer to Darius? Darius isn't a question, so why the fook should there be an answer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I cannot erase from my mind the image of his curly yellow toenails - as shown to the whole of the UK on 'The Salon' a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The man's a legend. Does anyone know if he's still doing shows n how to get in touch (suspect that myspace might have nothing to do with the man himself). Trying to get him for a mate's 21st, he'd feckin love it. Pretty sure he used to have a regular ad in the herald, or some paper, but as always i can't find one now i want him. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Poor BK. I used to really dislike him until that 'You're a Star' where he came off with more cred than that stooge O'Connor (he actually managed to be polite while being verbally assaulted). I like people like him, he makes the place a little less grey.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

sgarvan wrote:

If there was any justice in the world he'd get cancer and die..

I KID! I KID! :D

Seen him a couple of times walking down Nassau st.

Think I've seem him walking around loads of other places I can't remember where, but thinking to myself "Ah, there's that eejit!" :)

I think he walks the street for a living.

Nah I'm sure he's cool and fair play etc. etc. Good luck to him, I just hope he never gets "actually" famous...don't mind him as a novelty that pops up every now and then, but I'd imagine it'd get pretty annoying seeing that middle aged mulla on my TV every night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I saw him last week walking around College Green from North to South.

He was eating a roll, looked like it had lettuce and some kind of other filling in it.

The legend lives on.

Ireland's answer to Chuck Norris tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭del_boy85

DavyD_83 wrote:
    The man's a legend. Does anyone know if he's still doing shows n how to get in touch (suspect that myspace might have nothing to do with the man himself). Trying to get him for a mate's 21st, he'd feckin love it. Pretty sure he used to have a regular ad in the herald, or some paper, but as always i can't find one now i want him. Any ideas?

I remember the ads he used to have in the newspapers a few years ago! Available for parties, private functions etc. They were funny! I think he's harmless. I think the world would be a much duller place without eccentrics like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Brendan used to advertise in the Sunday world, Not sure if he still does though now that he's a celebrity.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Brendan Kilkenny, Palmerstown's few claims to fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

God love him, he's got a few screws loose. People who get angered by him or embarrassed because he's Irish (and he might make us look bad in front of the the English :rolleyes:) are idiots. There was a programme on ITV last night about hilarious auditions for talent shows (I'm not a loser - I only had enough money to stay in the pub til 10.30!) and he was on it several times. Linda Martin was even interviewed about him and went on about how embarrassing it was for Irish people - as if his being Irish is his only notable trait. Her comments are far more likely to draw attention to his Irishness - stupid woman.
    I don't like people claiming he's a "legend" etc either though - however ironic they're being. He is purely good for having a laugh at - nothing else.
    As I walked further on, two girls walked past me and their conversation went like this:

Girl #1 "Oh my god! Brendan Kilkenny just went into that shop!!"
    Girl #2 "Oh my god! We are SO going in there!"

Now it's people like that who are the ones that deserve abuse. So stupid and vacuous that even a sad loser like Brendan Kilkenny would cause such a reaction in them - simply because he's faintly recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Grafton street - Friday, 4.15pm

Looking rather sombre. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Nick wrote:
    I think he walks the street for a living.

Not far off, he is a Civil Servant in the Dept of Justice or Revenue!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Dont understand the people abusing him, dont hate him because hes not a fine upstanding intellectual like ye.

But i am deadly serious in saying this, send him to the Eurovision!! He'd love it (because hes slightly touched) and the europeans would love it (coz the whole competition is gone a bit mad). I would nearly start a campaign, its a plan that couldnt fail. We could finally stop being the only country that takes the EV seriously! Its a fool proof plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The missus saw him this morning on O'Connell Street at 8am heading into a Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

See him all the time on Townsend St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Dudess wrote: »
    Linda Martin was even interviewed about him and went on about how embarrassing it was for Irish people - as if his being Irish is his only notable trait. Her comments are far more likely to draw attention to his Irishness - stupid woman.

She's an embarrassment to Irish people, she's always whinging about something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

He's a judge on Podge and Rodge at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

this is priceless....

42 year old Brendan Kilkenny, tried to pass himself off as a 26 year old pop hopeful, but was soon halted in his tracks by Simon Cowell.

Brendan sang a medley of eighties songs including hits from Rick Castle, Sunnite and Cheney Hawks. However Simon was not amused and the two traded words as Brendan tried in vain to secure a place in the next round.

Got it from

http://www.popwinners.co.uk/pop-idol/contestants.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement