Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Kilkenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

He was on Glas Vegas on TG4 the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He's heading to Australia for its equivalent of Pop Idol. He, along with a number of others, had to perform Waltzing Matilda. Heard a clip of him on the radio this morning... Oh Jesus Christ. The man is not well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

saw him in Easons on Friday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I've seen that idiot about 5 times in last 3 weeks. He's always strolling around O'Connell St, Westmorland St & Grafton St every lunchtime hoping he'll be noticed. Then again i saw him a couple of times around 5.30 in same spots. Does he actually have a real 9-5.30 job somewhere in Dublin, wearing crazy clothes??? It looks that way, unless he is sad enough to stroll around while most ppl are on lunch or heading home, just hoping to be seen..which i guess he does well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Stevecw wrote: »
    I've seen that idiot about 5 times in last 3 weeks. He's always strolling around O'Connell St, Westmorland St & Grafton St every lunchtime hoping he'll be noticed. Then again i saw him a couple of times around 5.30 in same spots. Does he actually have a real 9-5.30 job somewhere in Dublin, wearing crazy clothes??? It looks that way, unless he is sad enough to stroll around while most ppl are on lunch or heading home, just hoping to be seen..which i guess he does well!!

He was a civil servant, dunno if he still is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

who cares he is an attention seeking NOBODY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

shakin wrote: »
    who cares he is an attention seeking NOBODY!

And you are?.

Mairt wrote: »
    And you are?.

and i am, not on every reality tv show possible!

and i am, not on every reality tv show possible!

Maybe you don't have Brendan's crowd appeal otherwise you would.

He does no harm to anyone, and brings a smile to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

He was a civil servant, dunno if he still is

He is. I see him most mornings on the way into work (and he does wear all that 80s clobber around the clock). Hes a harmless enough fella tbh

• Advertisement

Maybe you don't have Brendan's crowd appeal otherwise you would.

He does no harm to anyone, and brings a smile to many.

no i dont have his "crowd appeal" no harm hes a h0le sickner!

no i dont have his "crowd appeal" no harm hes a h0le sickner!

Why are you so bitter about him?.

He seem's a decent sort to me.

It'll be a sad day when the jesters and clowns are taken away from us.

Why are you so bitter about him?.

He seem's a decent sort to me.

It'll be a sad day when the jesters and clowns are taken away from us.

jesters and clowns? are you well ? he tries desperately to be liked even though he is talentless! but whatever floats your boat, if you find him amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I cringe when I see him on those shows, tbh. I think he gets a perverse pleasure from inflicting himself on the public.

He looks like Peter Stringfellow's illegitimate offspring.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

he is back on TV now ! on the worst auditions tv show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joeneedsbren

hey, have you seen him in the last few weeks or would you know of any way of contacting the legend? we need him for a project and he hasn't been on his myspace in ages. Cheers. Actually if you see him again could you please accost him and give him this number. 6689627 and he would be looking for joe. i know this is a long shot but we're desperate to get him for the project, no-one else could fill his shoes!

There's a little bit of bren in all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I believe he is a Civil Servant for one of the larger departments, as in Justice, Revenue or Social Welfare. If your desperate to get in touch maybe try ringing the main number of the larger departments and ask for him?

By the way I used to often see him walking past Green's Book Shop off Merrion Sq between 4pm and 5pm, I dont travel that way anymore so I have no idea if he still does!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

He works in the Dept. of Social Welfare... it goes under some extended name buts its basically still the same Dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tom Selleck

Saw him on the 25 or 25a (can't remember which,one of the ones that heads out along Islandbridge) the other evening, around half 5ish. This thread was running through my mind but I was weak, I'm sorry, and did not accost him. Maybe you could hang out at Pearse St Garda Station though and stare across at the bus stops until he arrives some evening? He stood at the front of the bus, in the narrowest part blocking the whole way. Behaving like a tool, surprise surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Saw him having dinner in o'neils of suffolk street.How he manges to keep a straight face while looking like that is beyond me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Deity

Last seen..

Time: 5pm
    Dress: As was
    Hair condition: Dampened (no split ends)
    Mood: Chirpy/Grinning

Deity wrote: »
    Last seen..

Time: 5pm
    Dress: As was
    Hair condition: Dampened (no split ends)
    Mood: Chirpy/Grinning

Action Taken...??

Thanks guys for all your help. We've rang everyone including his old work, production companies that may have booked him but absolutely no joy. Our deadline is Monday or we'll have to move on...and trust me no one else comes close. (not even joe and donna mccaul). So if anyone can get us a legitimate contact for him they will be rewarded with cash. Thanks again.

Sorry here's the contact number, 083 331 9302. Trust me all brendan fans will benefit from this if we get him.

Thanks guys for all your help. We've rang everyone including his old work, production companies that may have booked him but absolutely no joy. Our deadline is Monday or we'll have to move on...and trust me no one else comes close. (not even joe and donna mccaul). So if anyone can get us a legitimate contact for him they will be rewarded with cash. Thanks again.

How much cash??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Deity

Degsy wrote: »
    Action Taken...??

His flamboyance, poise, and stealth like manouvreability through the masses left me absolutely star struck.

There was no time for action..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RJGMovie

Today at 13:22 heading south towards whelans pub. I was walking in the opposite direction. I was so shocked and awestruck, I forgot to ask for an autograph! He looked happy enough. Amazingly, nobody else seemed to recognise him, although it was about to bucket rain.

:D

next step in this sad odyessy..find out where he gets his mullet done!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

esel wrote: »
    You seem to know the area well...... Thanks for digging up this old thread, btw - not.

Oh yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK, we'll leave that there folks.

Unless anyone has anything actually constructive to add, then let this lie.

Thanks

De
    s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement