Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox games question

Options
  • 21-12-2005 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Thinking about buying a Xbox what would be the best game to buy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

halo, forza, jade empire, half-life2, KOTOR, halo2,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are there any good exclusives that aren't already available on the PC/PS2/GC? Forza and Jade Empire and Halo 2 are exclusives I think, any others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ninja Gaiden, never played Black but if its harder and the same it has to be damn good.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Chronicles of riddick. Most games are better on xbox than ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

KdjaC wrote:
    Ninja Gaiden, never played Black but if its harder and the same it has to be damn good.
    thought it was supposed to be easier?
    a damn fine game nonetheless:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. An unknown gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Outrun 2, such a good looking game and only on xbox probably cause the ps2 couldnt manage to run it smooth enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

tman wrote:
    thought it was supposed to be easier?
    a damn fine game nonetheless:)

Yeah they've included an easy difficulty and some other things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get Halo 1 before Halo 2. Halo 2 is a soulless sequel.

If you can find it get Panzer Dragoon Orta, my favourite xbox game. Have to agree with Ninja Gaiden as well. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

totally agree Retro, H2 was such a huge disappointment, although i can still enjoy playing it on live, if i keep teeling myself its just another fps, nothing t do with halo. :o then i can play it without comparing it to H:combat Evolved. i left halo2 last on my first post for a reason. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like Kung-fu Chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i finally got a xbox the games i bought were Forza and Doom 3

thanks for the info Forza is a class game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i love forza too such a brillant game :)
    im playing on the 360 too :p sold my xbox1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭the_jocky

mABYE this is a dumb question . heard on another forum u should have a hdtv for 360 games true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Though not required for the XBox 360, it is highly recommended to get an HD-TV, as it will give you the best possible experience with Microsoft's latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

the_jocky wrote:
    mABYE this is a dumb question . heard on another forum u should have a hdtv for 360 games true?
    i do anyway a nice 26"
    its not completely needed as in u can play the 360 away on a SDTV but alot of the early release games are basicly just ports of existing games and without a hdtv u really wont notice any difference...
    when later games get released they will still look brillant on a hd/sd tv
    also hdtvs are comming down in price and u can always use a cheap pc monitor with a vga cable too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Chronicles of Riddick, Halo, Halo 2, Jade Empire, KOTOR (not KOTOR 2, it's just plain wrong), Shenmue II.

Advertisement