Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary Watch, opinions ?

• 21-12-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Have ordered two of these, a round one and a square one.
    Any opinions on them or has anyone got one ? If so, what is the quality like ?

I ordered from IWOOT.

ZEN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

[ServletException in:/layouts/mainlayout.jsp] Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Data source rejected establishment of connection, message from server: "#08004Too many connections")'

then
    Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.iwantoneofthose.com Port 80

You b0rked it! :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Have a guess who'll miss the last bus home:D :D
    Could you imagine trying to read the time on that watch after spending the night on the piss.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have a guess who'll miss the last bus home:D :D
    Could you imagine trying to read the time on that watch after spending the night on the piss.;)
    After a while, it'd become second nature..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

theyre for people who like to pretend they know more about computers, binary logic and whatnot than they actually do. A favorite of wannabe nerds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You spent over 200 eurons on them! :eek:
    I dig the round one though. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    A favorite of wannabe nerds.

So with a name like FuzzyLogic ypu probably have several . . . ?!

Soes anyone actually own one ? Binary isn't a problem to me I can interperate it just fine but will it attract females ????:D

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

That's ****ing cool! Granted it would be a bloody nuisance till you got used to it.

Edit: which might be never. Imagine trying to read it in a hurry when you're trying to find your way home in the middle of the night off your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

ZENER wrote:
    Soes anyone actually own one ? Binary isn't a problem to me I can interperate it just fine but will it attract females ????:D

ZEN
    A friend mine if mine has one a while now. Its definitely something ppl notice and ask him about, even the ladies.....and then they run away :)

But seriously, its a nice little gadget, a nice conversation starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ZENER wrote:
    So with a name like FuzzyLogic ypu probably have several . . . ?!

ZEN
    :rolleyes:
    is this guy for real?:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Ok ive checked out the site and its a cool looking watch, I unfortunatly didn't understand how to use it but its a cracking read.nice to see the site be honest (and very funny I think)about something they are trying to sell.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    is this guy for real?:v:

Er . . yeah ! Got the watches and I'm impressed with the quality and finish. Exactly as described on the site. After a while you begin to recognise the shape of the time just like we did when first learning the time on an analogue clock. Neat way of learning Binary to Hex as the hours are displayed in nibbles - ok it only goes from1 to 12 or 0x1 to 0xC so right now it's 001011:111001 or 0x0B:0x39 :D . . . I'll get me anorak . . .

ZEN

Advertisement