Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I sh1t you not: an answer to the ban (sort of)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Marlboro Blend 28 predominantly uses Virginia tobacco and is targeted at 18-25 year olds.
    They actually market smokes at specific age brackets?

I dunno why but that makes me a bit pissed off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

lol tbh, if they could have teletubbies smoking Marlboro I'm sure they would.
    These guys continue to manufacture a product which causes early deaths and ill health for gazillions of people all over the world... it doesn't surprise me that they're actively targeting people who are just turning old enough to legally smoke (ie. probably non-smokers).

It's a business, run by greedy whores... I don't believe in cuddly corporations.
    I know why it pisses me off... because instead of catering for customers who simply choose to smoke, just creating a supply where there is demand and creating jobs for people... they're pushing their drug and trying to hook new otherwise healthy people.
    I don't know about you, but I wish I'd never started smoking.

Although I think it'd be a cop-out to blame marketing for everything... nobody had a gun to your head making you smoke those first few ciggs... and, as hard as it is, you've always got the choice to quit.

This is exactly why I'm suspicious of the mobile phone industry... putting up masts everywhere (often illegaly afaik)... only time will tell what kind of health effects we'll be left with in the long run... I'm sure they can buy all the biased research projects they want in the mean time... once the investors have made their % $return.
    Wasn't there a time when smoking was known as just a nice way to relax?

Advertisement