Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Reports/Studying

• 21-12-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Well.. What did ya get?

Also, is anyone planning on doing any work over Christmas??
    I got homework!! Lots of it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm starting study on the 2nd, the Mocks are too close for comfort, and I lost most of my first year history notes....even though they're from when I copied down the teachers ones, i wouldn't remember anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ugh, I have so much study to do..../me groans

*me groans too*.....Can't we just tell them that they're REALLY nice and that they know we're smart enough for the real world, that we don't need silly little exams to prove it?? And that instead a two week holiday in, say, Turkey is in order for all 3rd year students?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Turkey is way hot. They've got cheap stuff, though. So much cheap...

Anyway. Should I rename this thread 'Studying' or something, since it doesn't seem to be much about christmas reports...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I won't be getting my report till I go back to schoool.eep!

I won't be studying over the holidays because I'd bring home boks and all but wouldn't study at all so there is no point in saying I will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I don't mind PFM. I got 2 As, 7 Bs and a C.

Was quite pleased but still want to improve some Bs to As..

My mocks start 3 weeks after I come back, needa have some foundation on the topics. Gonna study basics and things that often come up. I'll be happy if I have that for the mocks, then I can learn the details for June..

Turkey is way hot. They've got cheap stuff, though. So much cheap...

Anyway. Should I rename this thread 'Studying' or something, since it doesn't seem to be much about christmas reports...

You just want to use your Modly Skillz don't you? :p

Turkey has Absinthe, let's go there.

Of course I do. :)

And BAD, BAD! Underage drinking is bad!

(Unless it's blue... <.<)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Of course I do. :)

And BAD, BAD! Underage drinking is bad!

(Unless it's blue... <.<)

Don't get me started on the blue stuff:p *Drools*

Mmm...blue WKD...
    (Bad, bad, underage!!)
    Em....yeah I get mine when post comes back, to see the big D I got in French. I made up my own language. Oh well, last year I had my own country, so whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Of course I do. :) And BAD, BAD! Underage drinking is bad! (Unless it's blue... <.<)
    Shouldn't one of you shout "sketch" at this point?

While I understand weird and wonderful things follow the drinking of absinthe, I hear the hangover is truely poisonous. Those that have seen Euro Trip will know.

Lies, Victor. We all know absinthe makes you go straight to hell.
    Yes, children, if you witness absinthe, please do not panic, but go straight to a parent or other adult and find somewhere deep and dark to hide.

Oh, and yeah,
    SKETCH!

*commences drawing*

Yes, the bad pun was made.

But i don't do art.....

I can't draw a straight line with a ruler...

If you can't sketch you shouldn't talk about doing illegal things!

See, watch me go...
    DRUGS.

*SKETCHES!*

Back to em, studying.

What way do you study, people? Do you, as I might have done.. maybe.. once... do the questions at the end of the chapter with no preparation at all, then read over the chapter? Do you write out notes? Do you highlight things? Do you make shiny little flashcard type things and then spend hours obsessing over how to organise them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

My report was suprisingly good!I got 5 A's and 3 B's!! But yes the old studying over Holidays.Attempting it now but I left it all for now so it's a bit overwhelming how much I have to do. My sis is in 4th year and is always out and not doing school work which is kinda annoying!!!! When I study I read and take notes then try to learn the notes! I am soooooooo scared about the JC!!! I've had 9 nightmares about it!Mainly about forgetting all my maths equipment or just going blank!!! SOOOOOOO SCARED!!!!!!

Freaking out like that can't help, seriously. Being worried just impairs your ability (or my ability anyway) to remember things. For now simply concern yourself with learning things, then by the time the JC comes around you'll be so prepared it won't bother you. .. Much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Apple Gal wrote:
    I am soooooooo scared about the JC!!! I've had 9 nightmares about it!Mainly about forgetting all my maths equipment or just going blank!!! SOOOOOOO SCARED!!!!!!
    Make a checklist.
    And dream about that instead.
    untitled8pn.th.png
    In the mood for sketching. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

1 A ,2 B, 5 C, 4d

Awhhhh what a lovely sketch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

i did really well 8a's 3b's but the tests were so easy! i've done no study or homework an my mocks start in 3 weeks!!!!!!!

Yeah my mocks start in less than 3 weeks now but well done on your results, you do a lot of subjects!

8As??????
    I made up my own language for French and forgotr most of my Maths stuff, so thast two d's for me...
    Aint got it yet.

everyone in my school does 11 subjects how many do you do?

I only do 8 I think! Oh no 11!Oops! But SPHE and RE I don't have exams in!

i hav 11 not includin careers i do careers instead of sphe

I did 10. I think they've upped it to 11 now, though, just my year was the last to not do Religion. Thank God. =)

(Oh the ironing.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Religion isn't. It's a fairly easy subject, doesn't require much study, but it still sounds good when you say you got an A in it.

So all the teachers today saying only 3 weeks left! I wish I had of studied over Christmas.

• Advertisement

Ack..exactly 6 weeks to mocks....
    Erm, yeah we do careers this year instead of Sphe. Not that its less of a doss...

Advertisement