Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What social subjects are you doing? (JC 2006)

• 21-12-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭

What social subjects are you doing?

What social subjects are you doing? 88 votes

Business Studies
    0% 0 votes
    Civic Social & Political Education
    13% 12 votes
    Environmental & Social Studies
    18% 16 votes
    Geography
    3% 3 votes
    History
    18% 16 votes
    Home Economics
    18% 16 votes
    Music
    5% 5 votes
    Religious Education
    6% 6 votes
    Classical Studies
    15% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Business, CSPE, Music, RE, Geography, History..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

CSPE, Music, RE, Geography, History for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

Ohhhhh you guys have to do Religion???? What is the exam like? I go to a convent school but we don't have an exam in RE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

it's a very boring and pointless subject...I usually just use it as an excuse to have a rest before my next class.

Do you get religion exam papers like the psat ones and what are the questions like???? Is it an easy exam??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

2005 Religion exam paper.
    Not too dificult, you just have to waffle on. (Great advice from our teacher)

That is not easy!!!!!!!!!!! I just looked at it and my is it hard!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

i got 100 in my christmas re exam an i didnt study seriously just waffle most of its your own opinon but i wud say to learn your world religion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I forgot to click on Re. Business, RE, Cspe, HIstory, Geography, and music. Whats classical studies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Classical Studies is studies of ancient Greek and Roman culture and the like. Apparently it's interesting. Sounds too vague for my liking, but doing mythology would be interesting.

• Advertisement

We don't do it, but it sounds cool. Damn teachers..

Awhhh I would love to do ancient Greek!!

It sounds so deadly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

CSPE
    History
    Geography
    RE
    Business

My School makes everyone do RE. I think it is a bit pointless. Three classes a week. We could be doing an extra class of the core subjects which would help a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Timans wrote:

My School makes everyone do RE. I think it is a bit pointless. Three classes a week. We could be doing an extra class of the core subjects which would help a lot more.

Agreed. If it wasn't an exam subject I would only suggest it once a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I had the same opinion for a while, but then I just started to figure that Religion gave us a welcome break from stressful classes. And I could do my homework in it...

I have religion everyday in school but I don't have an exam in it. My new teacher makes it a stressful class too so it's not very nice this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm doing Religion,Home Ec.C.S.P.E,Geography and Religion.

Religion is Easy.Islam is by far the easiest world religion
    Home Ec:Not too wooried about because of submitting the project and the cooking practical.
    C.S.P.E:Project is worth 60%.Its just basically general knowledge it seems to me.
    Geography:Don't like it.Nice class for sleeping in with my teacher.
    History:SCARIEST TEACHER EVER!!I know my work for her just need to revise Irish histor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

Has anyone done most of the history course yet? we only have the war done in our 3rd yr history and we left out loads of the 2nd yr stuff!

Has anyone done most of the history course yet? we only have the war done in our 3rd yr history and we left out loads of the 2nd yr stuff!

Oh yeah! We have done all of first and second work and all of the irish history of the 3rd year course were going to do europe it hink next!

• Advertisement
Advertisement