Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opty 148 overclocking :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

That PSU is very powerful its perfect, where did you get it, I want one:D :D

Loosen is to make the numbers higher i.e. If you are at 2-2-2-5 try 2.5-3-3-8. just put them very loose to get clock speed up and the tighten them afterwards but dont leave them to loose. Try and get a even balance of Timings/Clockspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Got it in computer works in drumcondra think it was 50 euro :) last one though thanks

Edit: Got it up to 2850Mhz tell me what i need to change or is this ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

hmm read above :P lol i think its a good psu, and i got the adapter...

Doesnt matter man DFI state that NO 20Pin PSU is enough, it must be 24pin.
    Id reccomend one of these babys
    http://peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=8842&type=6&path=14x122x5315
    Im picking mine up on tuesday for my new rig.

• Advertisement

Up your multi to 10 and see can u run 10x300 even. Cause thats a perfect system at that!!
    Congrats you have an FX beater!!!
    Then run this program in the 1million and 32million options to test stability for the moment.http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

conzymaher wrote:
    That PSU is very powerful its perfect, where did you get it, I want one:D :D
    Um, I'd have a quick Google for reviews and stuff before I'd go saying that.

From here:
    So your PSU is basically Aspire 500W rebadged to a generic 550W?
    I can tell you three glaring differences between your PSU (Eye-T 550W/Aspire 500W) and the OCZ Powerstream 520W that demonstrate the differences in quality between the power supplies.

1-2% load voltage regulation (OCZ) vs. 10% load regulation (Aspire)
    28A/40A/33A on the +3.3/+5/+12V rail (OCZ) vs. 20A/24A/25A (Aspire) -- we're talking about sustainable regular power here, not peak (even though peak current for the Aspire PSU is a lot higher)
    3 year unlimited warranty + 2 year limited warranty (OCZ) vs. 1 year warranty (Aspire)

It's sustainable current and steady voltage that generally matters mostly for newer high-end systems. And that goes double for overclocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Doesnt matter man DFI state that NO 20Pin PSU is enough, it must be 24pin.
    Id reccomend one of these babys
    http://peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=8842&type=6&path=14x122x5315
    Im picking mine up on tuesday for my new rig.

19 euro cheaper in PC World.

Jammer wrote:
    19 euro cheaper in PC World.
    Seriously? How much? Score cheers man saved me twenty quid. Which one?

The Eye-t is a decent PSU for €50 and has reasonably strong rails, I didnt spot that its only 20 pin and it shouldnt be used on a 24 pin atx 2.2 Mobo,

I put a Hiper 580watt PSU in an opty system for my Dad and its great completely silent and oficially supported by nvidia for SLI its only €90 inc vat from OcUk that Peats price doesnt include Vat unfortunatey:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

conzymaher wrote:
    The Eye-t is a decent PSU for €50 and has reasonably strong rails, I didnt spot that its only 20 pin and it shouldnt be used on a 24 pin atx 2.2 Mobo,

I put a Hiper 580watt PSU in an opty system for my Dad and its great completely silent and oficially supported by nvidia for SLI its only €90 inc vat from OcUk that Peats price doesnt include Vat unfortunatey:(

Its €99 in PC World, so a better deal considering its retail. Best part about that PSU is the cabling and modular design, so much neater!

Matt

Yeah its the best PSU i have ever seen dark chrome and chromed 120mm fan and completely silent and enough adapters to power around 4 hdds and 4 optical drives:D

Advertisement