Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Kyuss reunion?

• 22-12-2005 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

John Garcia joined QOTSA at one of their gigs last night to perform three Kyuss songs (Thumb, Hurricane and Supa Scoopa and the Mighty Scoop). Whilst I'm not too sure about a Kyuss reunion, it would be great to see Garcia join QOTSA in the same capacity Mark Lanegan did.

Link.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm in LA at the moment and was at that gig; John came on-stage out of the blue and was a force to be reckoned with. Love to see a Kyuss reunion now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm in LA at the moment and was at that gig; John came on-stage out of the blue and was a force to be reckoned with. Love to see a Kyuss reunion now.

You lucky bastard! I presume it sounded great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Kyuss reunion would kick ass! with Oliveri on bass though not the Reeder, although , that said, hiss bass stuff's good too. Feck it! bring them both back in! Mind you i cant see nick being too keen on it given his not so fun departure from Queens and his issues with a certain mr. homme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Hehe, would have loved to have seen Thumb live.

Any kyuss live by actual kyuss would be good. that's a "nice" picture you got there for your signature yoke. Bet josh homme would dig that. He seems to have a whole sex and naked/ scantily clad ladies theme running through lost of the imagery for Queens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i would have loved to see that, Kyuss ****ing rocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i doubt it would happen with oliveri. he seems willing to play with homme but josh doesnt seem to want to hear it from what ive heard. i hope lannegan gets better and rejoins queens.

Arucard wrote:

Kyuss did indeed rock. My all time favourite band. Their music still lives on and still kicks ass. Bring back kyuss!!
    Also, that rabbit is a fu*kin Hilarious thing to put in a signature. Id consider sutting it there but im a bit too lazy. Shuold tell my younger sister about your (bunny's?) cause. Her and her friend had a long running series of comedy drawings years ago they used to draw on the desks at school involving the adventures of "Foxy" and "The rabbit". You just reminded me of that

Listen lads, forget about Oliveri, Scott Reeder was and still is the man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

No need for the ;) Grizzly John. Scott Reeder will always be the bassist from Kyuss. It is written in the Good Book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Arucard wrote:
    Indeed. ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

no way.
    i just downloaded a vid of them live at some festival years ago, they seem awesome live.
    i'd rather see them get back together than oliveri gettin back with qotsa. homme seemed a better guitarist back then!

Doctor J wrote:
    No need for the ;) Grizzly John. Scott Reeder will always be the bassist from Kyuss. It is written in the Good Book.

'And lo, Jesus Reeder descended from the mount and played the most fantastic bass riff heard on Earth. "Yes, this was much better than the loaves and fishes guy," recalled one onlooker.'

Con_316 wrote:
    Kyuss did indeed rock. My all time favourite band. Their music still lives on and still kicks ass. Bring back kyuss!!
    Also, that rabbit is a fu*kin Hilarious thing to put in a signature. Id consider sutting it there but im a bit too lazy. Shuold tell my younger sister about your (bunny's?) cause. Her and her friend had a long running series of comedy drawings years ago they used to draw on the desks at school involving the adventures of "Foxy" and "The rabbit". You just reminded me of that
    sister, eh? ;)

i mean, uh...Kyuss, yeah...
    if somehow a Kyuss reunion did happen, i agree with the others, Reeder's the man for the job. it'll be a long time before you see Homme n Oliveri onstage together.

Arucard wrote:
    sister, eh? ;)

i mean, uh...Kyuss, yeah...
    if somehow a Kyuss reunion did happen, i agree with the others, Reeder's the man for the job. it'll be a long time before you see Homme n Oliveri onstage together.

Dude.... not cool about the sister...

Anyway i never said it was likely nick would come and play reunion, i just said that it'd be good if they both came (reeder and oliveri) and then we could have one massive Kyuss marathon with like every song they ever did and free weed, that'd be good too..... in a perfect world it woul happen... but not this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Arucard wrote:

Thirded!

Con_316 wrote:
    Dude.... not cool about the sister...
    still, i laughed, you cried, your sisters' now got a little baby inside...****, sorry!

Arucard wrote:
    still, i laughed, you cried, your sisters' now got a little baby inside...****, sorry!

There's no point apologising dude i'm off to shoot myself now because the sheer unbearable mental anguish i've been caused so cruelly " oh tha humanity" etc, hmm... im in a weird mood. oh well. could really do with a smoke, anyway if your're gonna say odd sh1t like that you got to be prepared to just come out with it. I think people should really just say sh1t out straight if they mean it but even though that what i just said sounds like i'm saying it's bad, that's not necessarily what i mean, although it's not all tat good either.. argh i dunno my brain's fried. anyway not enough people just come out with random odd sh1t.

Anyway (again)......i'm off to try keep the stoner/sludge/doom thread alive

Advertisement