Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand 'Boy Racer Cars'

Options
  • 22-12-2005 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine looking at a 206 with lexus lights, halfrauds alloys and badly tinted windows. It's also got a few dents down the side. I advised against this car as i reckon it's had the ar$e driven out of it. Now I know most modders wouldn't dream of driving the crap out of their cars but this isn't a modded car as such. Just wondering what the general opinion is on these cars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

depends on the driver of the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

id say it would have the arse driven out of it.i would be against it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

ANY car that looks crap is in all likelihood, crap. My rule of thumb is 'if they can maintain the look of the car how can you be sure they have maintained the mechanicals'

People who take care of their cars drive them more carefully and service them meticulously. Undoing modifications is always more expensive than it looks (taking off tints is a full days work to get the glue residue off if you aren't careful). Run away...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

If your mate is still dead set on it, use the best revelator in the circumstances: get your mate to set up a test drive, and let the owner drive the first leg, and observe his/her driving/handling well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Unfotunately she's gone and bought the bloody car.... cos she liked the colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Female....sees car in nice colour...
    Ah yes that(In many female related cases) would explain the purchase.

Advertisement