Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for Toyota Corolla 05 required

Options
  • 22-12-2005 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I have been trying, without success, to obtain a set of alloys for a Corolla
    saloon. I have looked at what is on offer in Toyota Ireland and i dont like
    any of the alloys featured. However the Japanese market Corolla has a nice
    set as standard. When i went to a toyota dealer and showed them the photograph of the car, they told me they had not seen it before.
    Ok so I thought they were right, so I brought the same brochure to an alloy
    wheel dealer and he said he could get a copy of them from a Manufacturer.
    Unfortunately I heard no more. However a few weeks ago I saw a Corolla
    Verso 2003 , an irish one, with the very alloys I was looking for. Maybe Someone here could alert me as to how to obtain a Parts Number so that
    I can be able , after all, to obtain them through Toyota Ireland rather than
    look up a japanese contact.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You could try Moremiles in Cork, they supply most of the main dealers in Cork and county. I don't have their phone number but they are in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Thanks for your help.

Now the good news is that the alloys are now featured as standard on the 06 Corolla Luna.

The bad news is that Toyota is selling the alloys at , wait for it, 500 euro each............... HOW MEAN

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

those alloys are horrible! they're now on the Luna 06 as G Luxel said. true the accessory alloy choices are a bit rubbish. take a look at some of the choices available for the 06 model Yaris as these will fit the Corolla too.

If you wanted Alloys you should've bought the Strata model last year! would've been €800 cheaper than the Toyota Alloys!

ring around about those prices you got by the way. 500 a wheel is way off. i think €750 a set is the correct price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

colm_mcm wrote:
    those alloys are horrible! they're now on the Luna 06 as G Luxel said. true the accessory alloy choices are a bit rubbish. take a look at some of the choices available for the 06 model Yaris as these will fit the Corolla too.

If you wanted Alloys you should've bought the Strata model last year! would've been €800 cheaper than the Toyota Alloys!

ring around about those prices you got by the way. 500 a wheel is way off. i think €750 a set is the correct price.

yeh 500 a wheel sounds way too expensive, its only €770 for a set of focus st alloys

I disagree, I think the luna alloys definitely match the saloon. They have been available for a few years on the Corolla Verso Mk2. They are also available as standard on a I.8 Luxel Japanese market saloon. The car looks
    like a lexus IS200.

• Advertisement

the Luna alloys he's talking about are the ones added for 2006, as opposed to the old, nice type

check out the brochure for the 02 Corolla Verso. On page 2 and 3 are the very same alloys that are now fitted on the luna. There is no way they could cost 2.500 euros. Does anyone know what alloy manufacturer actually makes them? Maybe they are available as fakes from an alloy supplier?

they don't cost 2500, they're only about €750 for a set of 4 (And they're horribe wheels anyway)

I took a few trips to a few toyota dealers and none of them could tell me who manufacturered the wheels and some of the sales people havent even seen them...... I was really surprised when I saw two Lunas being downloaded off a transporter. Again I was told that they didnt know who made them or they couldnt even give me a price. They kept showing me cd roms full of wheels but they were not available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

G Luxel wrote:
    I took a few trips to a few toyota dealers and none of them could tell me who manufacturered the wheels and some of the sales people havent even seen them...... I was really surprised when I saw two Lunas being downloaded off a transporter. Again I was told that they didnt know who made them or they couldnt even give me a price. They kept showing me cd roms full of wheels but they were not available here.

More than likely they are made by a third party company who produce them under contract for Toyota. The same way a stereo is made and supplied.

You could try a couple of local tyre or alloy wheel speciallists and see if they can get you a set of similarly designed after market alloy wheels. These may cost alot cheaper than the Toyota set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement