Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrested Development - 3x08 - "Making a Stand" [NEW US EPISODE]

• 22-12-2005 7:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Anyone view this weeks helping of Bluth related goodness? I really enjoyed this episode, the first one I've liked so much in a while (not that I disliked the other Season 3 episodes).

I loved:
    The opening scene
    The picture montage
    Boyfights
    G.O.B. and Steve Holt working together
    References to G.O.B.'s very short lived singing career ("Franklin' Comes Alive!")
    Buster. Any scene he was in was great. I liked his badge. :D
    The return of J. Walter Weatherman
    "You don't want a hungry dove down your pants. That's how Tony Wonder lost a nut."
    The look on Michael's face after he saw the dove on the table!
    "I’ve got this Christian girlfriend now, and she’s trying to get me to be a better man and reconnect with my son. And I’m trying to get her to renounce God and bleep me."
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog
    The ending, I believe there were four lessons in there? :D

I believe that episode 3x09 (which I'm pretty certain is "S.O.B.: Save Our Bluths") will air on January 2nd, but I have no concrete link for that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Forgot there was a new one this week - along with Family Guy.

Off to me cousins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

I loved the episode. Like every great episode it will take a few watches to get every joke.

My favourite parts
    - GOB: "We make a deal with some Mexicans from Columbia
    - The photo montages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loved the opening myself.. "showered with money" :D

I loved the episode. Like every great episode it will take a few watches to get every joke.

My favourite parts
    - GOB: "We make a deal with some Mexicans from Columbia"
    - The photo montages
    - J.Walter Weatherman's return
    - The dove in GOB's pants
    - Tobias' description of Bob Loblaw (quite a mouthful)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Why did they have to cancel such a fantastic show - all the episodes this season have been hilarious!

Hopefully another network will pick the show up.

"*singing* It ain't easy being white...."

• Advertisement

monomaniac wrote:
    Why did they have to cancel such a fantastic show - all the episodes this season have been hilarious!

Hopefully another network will pick the show up.

"*singing* It ain't easy being white...."

There has been a lot of talk about another network picking it up. Hopefully it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Two-ish words: Bananasuit Jetpack. :D:D

Some more words: Bob Loblaws Law Blog, say it 10 times real fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Well, the next episode is definately scheduled for Monday the second of January, so we only have a few days to wait for that. :)

Also, looking at the episode again and reading the message boards on The OP, some interesting theories have come up surrounding the following line from G.O.B.:
    "I’ve got this Christian girlfriend now, and she’s trying to get me to be a better man and reconnect with my son. And I’m trying to get her to renounce God and *bleep* me."

Could he mean
    Ann, and in George Michael's Ann
    by any chance? We will find out. It's highly unlikely, but you never know....

Advertisement