Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 21st

• 22-12-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Previews (I probably wont be around to do a review)

Harvey v Seyler
    I'll predict an upset here. Seyler 3-1.

Painter v Dale Newton
    Would be funny if Dale wins to set up a clash with his brother. I've no clue how good he is. Painter 3-1.

Roy v Tabern
    No real clue how good Tabern is. I hear he's a good young player so he should cause Roy problems. Roy 3-2.

Clarys v Cadogan
    I expect Big Winston to be the worst player in the tournament, and not to win a leg. Hopfully he'll prove me wrong. Clarys 3-0.

Chris Mason v Steve Hine
    Very dangerous first round match for Mace. I thin kthe standard will be high. I hope Mason progresses to set up a cracker against Part. Mason 3-2.

Colin Monk v Andy Smith
    50/50. Monk made a show of himself the last time he played in a major on TV - turning up drunk on stage in the World Matchplay this year (the story is he had 3 or 4 pints and a pizza before the game (most players have a few pints to "relax" them). But the pizza was off and he puked it all up. "Baldixs" says Colin, "I've no drink in me now (its all over the jacks :D ) so I'm going to be shaking like a leaf". So gets a bottle of wine and downs it about half anf hour before he's going on stage. Bottle of wine + empty stomach = pissed Colin and apparently he was an embarrassment -unfortunately I didnt see it). Despite him obviously being somewhat dimwitted, I still like Colin and hope to see him progress. Monk 3-2.

Warriner-Little v Welge
    Wozza got married this year and took his wife's name :D I think the German could cause him problems if he's any way off. Warriner 3-2.

Askew v Convery
    The Canadian's a good player and is tipped to cause Diamond Dave problems. I think Askew should just about pull through. Askew 3-1.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Another good day of darts ahead. Seyler is beating Harvey at the moment so he should go through, he looks a decent player.

Here are my predictions for the rest of the day.

Painter v Dale Newton
    I dont know alot about Dale but Painter is a top player and should come through this reletively easy. Painter 3-1

Roy v Tabern
    I dont know anything about Tabern, Roy should win 3-0 (im basing this purely on the fact I have never heard of Tabernc:D )

Clarys v Cadogan
    The Belgian should have no problems against the qualifier from Barbados. Clarys 3-0

Chris Mason v Steve Hine
    Depends on which Chris Mason turns up. He is up there with the best on his day but then he can go off the boil on other days. I hope he wins a he has great potential but is yet to really fulfil it. Mason 3-1

Colin Monk v Andy Smith
    I have liked Colin Monk since he was playing in the BDO and he had some great runs in the Embassey World Championships in years past. Has yet to do the same on the PDC circuit. Andy Smith is a good player and I think he might just edge this in a thriller match. Smith 3-2

Warriner-Little v Welge
    I dont know much about Welge but he is supposed to be a decent player. I still think Warriner should come through though. Warriner-Little 3-1

Askew v Convery
    Dave Askew should come through this one although I think it could be close. Askew 3-2

Advertisement