Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Deviantart Gallery

Options
  • 22-12-2005 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised this isn't here already.
    Just post a link to your gallery.
    I don't have one yet but i would love to see al of your galleries.

Post away..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

It has been done before, when this forum and the photo one were combined. My one is http://shrimp123.deviantart.com/

A side note on DeviantART:

Don't expect great critique, you'll get comments like, WOW AMAZING! and OMG OMG THE BESTEST EVER! Comments that in their true meaning are used to describe works from likes of the Berninis, Caravaggios of the art world, but not hobby art. What I mean is you can post a really lame piece of work up, and you'll get ppl saying it's great! The vast majority of ppl on the site don't have any artistic knowledge, and are just hoping on the bubblegum bandwagon. If I were you I'd look into other online galleries before DA.

DA claim to have the largest art community, with that they offer the largest artistic knowledge lacking community. I'll easily get 20 comments on a pic I put telling me unfruitful and empty things about it. Like, I love the blue, or the contrast in amazing, but nothing really that insightful that I'm gonna learn something from. I'd much prefer getting one comment that I''l benefit from, rather than 20 ones telling me that 'IT@S FUCVVKINFG AMZZING!!!1' improper use of grammar, punctuation and spelling as standard.

On the other hand, they have a very good interface, and are the best for accessibility and usability. Mainly the only reason I am still with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Shrimp, your Solitude piece looks a lot like Six Feet Under. Was that intentional, or did it just happen like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Shrimp wrote:
    It has been done before, when this forum and the photo one were combined. My one is http://shrimp123.deviantart.com/

A side note on DeviantART:

Don't expect great critique, you'll get comments like, WOW AMAZING! and OMG OMG THE BESTEST EVER! Comments that in their true meaning are used to describe works from likes of the Berninis, Caravaggios of the art world, but not hobby art. What I mean is you can post a really lame piece of work up, and you'll get ppl saying it's great! The vast majority of ppl on the site don't have any artistic knowledge, and are just hoping on the bubblegum bandwagon. If I were you I'd look into other online galleries before DA.

DA claim to have the largest art community, with that they offer the largest artistic knowledge lacking community. I'll easily get 20 comments on a pic I put telling me unfruitful and empty things about it. Like, I love the blue, or the contrast in amazing, but nothing really that insightful that I'm gonna learn something from. I'd much prefer getting one comment that I''l benefit from, rather than 20 ones telling me that 'IT@S FUCVVKINFG AMZZING!!!1' improper use of grammar, punctuation and spelling as standard.

On the other hand, they have a very good interface, and are the best for accessibility and usability. Mainly the only reason I am still with them.
    where should i start then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Shrimp, your Solitude piece looks a lot like Six Feet Under. Was that intentional, or did it just happen like that?

I hadn't intended it to be like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Alisha

mine is on sheentylla.deviantart.com
    but since some of my project were cointaining music video screencaps they're not there, as most of the things I did for online graphics challenges and things like that.
    anyway, there's my DA gallery and link to my websites there :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement