Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pain in me flute

Options
  • 22-12-2005 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Any flute players got any advice on buying a trad flute?

My flute teacher gave me a list of flute makers - some in ireland, some abroad - some with waiting lists, some without, prices starting around €600 and going steadily upwards!

It'll be my first flute & I'm going into this fairly blindly so any advice would much appreciated!

or if there's any secondhand ones going then i'm interested!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corrcullen

I bought a flute from a flute maker in Kilmaly co. clare..His name is Eamomn Cotter.Cost me 700 euro and about 3 months waiting list, but i am very impressed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭pinkyirl

thanks a million - his name is on the list alright, if you have his number can you pm it to me please?

Eamonn Cotter
    Balleen, Kilmaley
    Co Clare, Ireland
    Tel/Fax: +353-65-68-39141

http://www.firescribble.net/flute/makers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭pinkyirl

another question for you...has yours got any keys?

no I just bought a flute without keys for 700 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Who are u getting lessons off pinky? Im a beginner flute player looking for lessons or a class in Dublin.

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PatrickNir

Hi,

if anyone is looking for a flute teacher/ tutor - i may have the answer for you. please feel free to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I also heard Eamon Cotter flutes were the best. You can get ones made of Polymer as well for about €300 but they are not as good. Also you can get a plastic "practice flute" for about €30 (basically a plastic pipe!) in many music shops to see how you get on with the technique before investing in a proper flute.

Advertisement