Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new motorola but crappy cd

• 22-12-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not breaking any protocol on the forum here but I have a simple question and would really appreciate if anybody here had any information about this.

I just bought a motorola v1050 and got a Mobile Phone Tools 3.0 cd with it. But the program wouldn't load so I brought it back to the shop and said it was broken. They gave me another but this one won't run either. Now I don't know much about computers but my laptop is pretty new and I've never had any problems running anything on it.

So my question is has anyone here had any problems running the "PhoneTools 3.0' by Motorola and have you any advice for me?

I really appreciate any civil answers to this.

cheers,

Des

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lol. even motorola's cd are faulty :D

haven't used the software myself. what happens when you put the cd in? when you go into my computer can you browse the cd? is it just that its not auto loading and you dont know what to do? if you can browse the cd, what happens when you click the exe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

tx for answering.

I can enter the page to choose a language, then I can enter the 'I accept' page for Motorola's rights and laws etc then on the third page I can choose between loading the tools or loading the manual to read about the tools but when I click on either the cd starts aspinning but I go nowhere. I'm sure it isnt my laptop so it must be the cd. I can see no way around this assumption.

tx again for the reply.

des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

tx for answering.

I can enter the page to choose a language, then I can enter the 'I accept' page for Motorola's rights and laws etc then on the third page I can choose between loading the tools or loading the manual to read about the tools but when I click on either the cd starts aspinning but I go nowhere. I'm sure it isnt my laptop so it must be the cd. I can see no way around this assumption.

tx again for the reply.

des

Try copying the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard drive, if you get an error the CD is bad. You could try copying it from another PC, particularly one that has a CD writer and these tend to read problem CDs better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

If you ever do get it working you will need to update online to version 3.25b ..... I did and its now 'bang up to date' :p

mind you ..... it still won't work with my E770v but never mind :( .... I gave up trying after about 6 solid hours ...... the usb cable with the kit is usefull tho ..... I can communicate with my mem card ok so all is not lost :)

Advertisement