Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

BSOD on startup.

• 22-12-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

I keep getting a BSOD just before getting to the login screen.

The error isn't very helpful, it just displays the memory location.

***STOP: 0x000000C5 (0xR1893000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054AD6E)

The only thing unusual I can think of doing is disabling something under the hardware tab in Sounds and Audio Device Properties. Cant remember exactly what it was, and it doesnt show up in safe mode.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah that code is a corrupted driver:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291810&sd=RMVP

Is there any more to the error code - text, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

which "it" does show up in safe mode?
    Device Manager -> Show Hidden Devices
    Uninstall/Reinstall the driver and reboot..

If that fails: LKGC is worth a shot.. and run a thorough scan/chk-disk

And then.. remove any recently added hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I used system restore to go back to (you'll love this) just before I installed the beta patch for Quake 4.

Seems to work fine now, but Im going to restart and see if it happens again.

I preformed a disk check - no errors.

The device I disabled was Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device - Ive re-enabled it just in case.

In device manager under Non-Plug and Play Drivers, PartMgr is reporting

This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

Still having difficulties with this, on restart I still get the BSOD.

I ran an intensive sector by sector scan on the hard drive and there is nothing wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

How about just repairing Windows with the install disc, drastic yes, but if that doesn't work at least you'll know Windows isn't at fault.

• Advertisement

Actually I solved this with...........chkdsk /f.

Which is odd because I scanned the HD with about 4 programs which turned up nothing.

PrtMgr still has that error in device manager but everthing is working fine.

Advertisement