Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Disconnected me but I still have Broadband

• 22-12-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed my home phone was acting very weirdly the last few days.
    If I or anyone tries to ring my home number it gives a disconnected tone.
    I cant make any out going calls ,all i receive is a funny doo doo doo tone.
    My broadband is working fine though.
    I pulled out my home phone but the line is still giving the disconnected tone so the phone isnt the problem.
    I have my line rental and broadband with Eircom but my call provider is different.
    Well I rang Eircom and it seems they have disconnected me because I havent paid my bill.
    The broadband still works though but no phone calls either way.
    Weird,perhaps they may forget about me and I could get free Broadband ?:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you are paid up for BB they should not disconnect you from that (specifically)

I would say from experience that the situation could continue for up to a year before they finally dump you off altogether when they quarantine the number :D . Enjoy the lowest line rental in Ireland while it lasts .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I switched from BT to NTL a year ago (boohoo free basic TV is finished) and the DSL line was still active in March this year!! Unfortunately, I was still paying for it but only discovered in my April bill. Hey ho another BT billing saga. Now switching telephony from BT to Eircom before porting number to Blueface and I envisage more fun and frollicks with BT's billing and Eircom's inertia with the port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,040 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If you are paid up for BB they should not disconnect you from that (specifically)
    No, both Line Rental and Broadband are due since Nov 19th.
    Cheeky buggers to cut such a good customer off.

Advertisement