Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new mota!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

body kits cost stupid money, my one was nearly €1000 before being painted and fitted (i didnt oay that prev owner did)

You can get the anniversary edition kit for around 200 for each of the bumpers and 300 for the skirts, then it needs to be painted and fitted

alternatively theres a replica of the anni kit on ebay for about 400 incl shipping, made from cheaper materials but supposed to be pretty good!

Oh and i would really love BBS rims but they cost so much, if something came up secondhand id be all over them!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

150 bhp and 1270 kg without the leather, I don't think bigger wheels should be on your shopping list. Nice looking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Cyrus - nice spec on it. I had a 2003 GTI for about 14 months and you may or may not know, I have a MKV one now so as you can see, I like them a lot!

The wheels deffo need to go up a size I think - all due to the kit. It makes them look tiny.

These wheels would look sweet but are not cheap - BBS RCs and are 18" and look very like the Anni wheels.

VW_golf(4)yomi2.jpg

Or you could go with these, VW Santa Monicas - I had them on my last GTI and they're 17".

santa2.jpg
    santaside.jpg
    santaside2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Cyrus wrote:
    Ill prob get an engine remap in January so she should see 200bhp then.

impressive, I didnt think you'd get so much out of a remap on the 150Gti. Upsolute says it can get 190HP and 200 lb/ft ... not bad

ando wrote:
    impressive, I didnt think you'd get so much out of a remap on the 150Gti. Upsolute says it can get 190HP and 200 lb/ft ... not bad

Revo can get around 208bhp out of a DBW 150 bhp 1.8T.

Cyrus - pop over to Martin in Westward Engineering in Enfield - Revo do free 5 hour trials of their remaps on petrol cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,073 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

santa monicas look nice, good plain design, how much?

theres a few tsw rims in a similar style to the bbs ones also that im looking at

re the remap might go for the upsolute remap, im not looking for 220+ and its cheaper than a revo one!

I think I paid 2,000 with tyres for them.. I got replicas though and I didn't know of eiretyres at the time. I would get genuine VW wheels if I was going for them again because the finish on them peeled a bit from washing with alloy cleaner.

The finish on the 18s on my GTI are not too different from the Santas and they have not marked with regular cleaning but are genuine VWs which the car came with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Big Balls wrote:
    Cyrus - pop over to Martin in Westward Engineering in Enfield

thats were I got my car remapped, nice and professional place to get it done

Advertisement