Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

18/Male insurance - what are my options

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aldy05

I started with FBD when I was 17 was around 2500 with a 91 Civic 1.3 on provisional and suddenly when I got my full license the price went up so i changed to Quinn direct and have a golf mk4 1.6sr and its only costing me 1600 with 2 points. Quinn seem to be the best around, would never do the ignition course from hibernian because they are still more expensive! Some insurance companies will give discounts if your family are with the same company like FBD did for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I went with Axa on my first car. Still with them, paying 4,000 odd TPFT on my Smart Roadster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

bennyx_o wrote:
    I went with Axa on my first car. Still with them, paying 4,000 odd TPFT on my Smart Roadster.

:eek: How old are you or whats your licence/ncb like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

19, Provisional licence, no ncb. Explains it all, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

aldy05 wrote:
    I started with FBD when I was 17 was around 2500 with a 91 Civic 1.3 on provisional and suddenly when I got my full license the price went up so i changed to Quinn direct and have a golf mk4 1.6sr and its only costing me 1600 with 2 points. Quinn seem to be the best around, would never do the ignition course from hibernian because they are still more expensive! Some insurance companies will give discounts if your family are with the same company like FBD did for me
    Some companies have a very bad reputation if you have a claim and will not pay out anything near the real value of the car. You should take this into consideration when choosing an insurance company and not just the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement