Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick charities

Options
  • 22-12-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a worthy charity in Limerick for a turkey I won in a competition yesterday?

I've no use for it and would like to give it to someone who will!

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

endanagle wrote:
    Does anyone know of a worthy charity in Limerick for a turkey I won in a competition yesterday?

I've no use for it and would like to give it to someone who will!

Tks

Try someplace like Adapt House off Edward Street (refuge for battered women). Give them a call first before you go there - they're wary of people turning up at the door looking to gain entrance (naturally!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

Thanks Delphi!,

That's up near Sarsfield barracks?

Enda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Is there no homeless shelter having a christmas dinner bash?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

That's what I'm sure of but I just don't know who/where... any ideas of any of the churches or anything like that even who are doing something?

I heard of a Fr Gerry Daly doing something before from my time in UL where we used to donate money every year to him but dunno who/where he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Fr. Gerry Daly or St. Vincent De Paul might accept it. If you call up one of the local radio stations, Liemricks Live 95FM (061 46 19 95) or RLO (061 31 49 59) they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement