Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reward(s) for your LC results

• 22-12-2005 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious to see if any of you getting a reward or rewards for your LC results from your parents, like money or something. I'm not, but then again I might have a chat with the parents :D Also do you think that they are a good idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Without sounding too pretentious my dad said he would get me a car if I got over 500! :eek: Its a good incentive to work hard :D but I highly doubt I will be getting my dream car! A mini cooper convertiable preferably in bright pink! I don't see that happening but even a banger wil do! After all a car is a car!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I already have a car... :p

My parents dont really believe in that. I'm out to get the results I want, for myself and I think its really up to how much I want my course not how much money etc. ill get.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

CrimE wrote:
    I already have a car... :p
    Just give me two months and I will get back to you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

My mam and dad cant afford to go getting me cars etc sure i gotta pay for my own grinds and all my computer gear myself....

Independence lads(lasses)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Well Im fourth in line for a car! The eldest three all have theirs! So it aint that easyt for moi!Its so unfair! Im getting the points I need for myself obviously but knowing the reward I may get is always nice!

• Advertisement

Self satisfaction love.... (and b4 any1 says anyting i didnt mean it in the dirty way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

yup my parents theory is if your not mature enough to have motivation in yourself to do well, me giving you money/rewards isnt going to help you! true enough though the prospect of getting something would be great anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

I got a euro for every point and two for every point over 500.
    Sweet deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got €1000 when i completed my leaving cert, it's spent and feck knows if i know what i spent it on i honestly can't remember.

Lucky *****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

nothing probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Well they are going to pay for me in uni so Im not complaining, but if I have no money myself on the results day Im sure they will give me money to get langered celebrating.. woo hoo!

Ya just know that ur from close to limerick man....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

what does langered give it away? ha ha brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm getting €200 for every A1 i get...I know I'll defo get it in French so I'll be €200 richer in August. I'm getting a car for my 18th which is during the leaving :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

A place at university.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Wow, cars for LC, cars for 18th's. Would you not rather buy it yourselves and have the satisfaction that it is yours and yours only. Thats what i did, my dad would never buy me a car even though he could easily afford it. But im glad he didn't cause you appriciate it alot more.

Tripper ur right, thats the way i was brought up and when u have things for urself it makes it all a hell of a lot more enjoyable....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Look where their from. In D4 money is the king, a car is a status symbol.
    I got a euro for every point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Look where their from. In D4 money is the king, a car is a status symbol.
    I got a euro for every point.
    tis only a status symbol if the car is a mark IV golf with 5 spoke alloys :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Cremo wrote:
    tis only a status symbol if the car is a mark IV golf with 5 spoke alloys :p
    Or a new mini cooper with all the options

If anything makes me sick its people in new mini coopers, young or old, you just gotta get the classic with the racing stripe and bobs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well my school gave a €20 book token for every A at higher level, so basically EVERYONE in my family got books from me this Christmas! I wish my parents had given me money for my JC and LC results but they don't believe in spoiling us and never have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

Man you guys get deadly rewards. Back in my day, the rewards were a little different. If I got over 500 points, I didn't get a savage beating. And man did I appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

When I did mine, I got €100 for each A1, and then there were other combinations too. If I got an A1 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology that was an extra €100, if I got an A1 in English, Irish and French, that was an extra €100.

For maths if I got an A2 I got €100 or a B1 €75 or a B2 €50 cause it was my worst subject....

I actually felt really guilty taking the money at the end, but didn't feel quite so guilty when I was spending it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I dont have a clue what I'm getting however a car has been mentioned, but dont worry guys dont feel sick, it's not going to be a mini cooper.

The last thing we need on the road is another mini cooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

i never asked for anything, my parents would prob tell me to feck off anyway.i did the leaving cert for me. all i wanted to do was get through the exams, didnt think about the results side at all until day of results...only sank in then!
    suppose infairness they did pay for my holiday and my appartment i now live in for college, food, my fees and my social life and all that..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

if you need a reward from your parents to motivate you to do well in the leaving there is something wrong with you. Should the course of your choice nit be reward enough. Isn't asking for an award a little selfish, your parents have probably paid for your schooling up till now and will probably pay to get you through college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

seeing as you cant really work during 6th year im going to ask for some money for a holliday or festival or somthing... its not the reason for doing well, or a reward as such, just some money cause i cant earn any myself for a while.

Advertisement