Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we stop dog/car fur trade?

Options
  • 22-12-2005 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am really sorry for introduce myself in this way.
    But i feel that pet lovers should know about this, 2 weeks days ago, i watched larry king live. they talked about 5 millions of dogs and cats being brutally killed and skinned alive in china for their fur... yep, dogs and cats being killed for their fur... they showed the videos they took in china, believe me it was horrific, i still cry when i think about it, my words cant describe all the horrific things chinese do to our best friends. almost half of the fur from all over the world are from dogs and cats in china, because its cheaper!! and their fur is mislabeled so people dont know... you really have to see the video (at peta or any other website) to know how horrific they treat them... i hope someday we can stop that...

thank you so much for reading this i hope you let others know about this...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Yes it is terrible, but we also have fur farms in Ireland you know( not for cats and dogs) Some pretty horrific things go on in China and similar countries, in some of these countries they treat people in terrible ways and some parts of Africa. The only way to stop these terrible things happening is to inform people just as you have. The only problem you have is the fashion industry promoting the use of fur and as we can see fashion models condemn it one week and condone it the next. Probably the only way to slow it down is to boycott the trade but I don't think you'll ever stamp it out. It all boils down the man making money out of mis fortunate animals....we sure have a lot to answer for.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

junkyard wrote:
    Yes it is terrible, but we also have fur farms in Ireland you know (not for cats and dogs)
    True but (unless you believe some of the more extreme Animal Rights people) I'd say it's not quite the same thing as capturing pet cats and dogs off the streets, and quite literally skinning them alive while they scream and yelp in pain, and then leaving the writhing body to die a long lingering death on the ground is it? There was a program on fiorsceal on TG4 about it a while back, truly horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

But why do they have to be alive?? :(:(:(:(:(
    They shouldn't be ****ing skinning them in the first place but why in the name of god does it have to be alive when it happens Oh god why.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

;)
    collita79 wrote:
    I am really sorry for introduce myself in this way.
    But i feel that pet lovers should know about this, 2 weeks days ago, i watched larry king live. they talked about 5 millions of dogs and cats being brutally killed and skinned alive in china for their fur... yep, dogs and cats being killed for their fur... they showed the videos they took in china, believe me it was horrific, i still cry when i think about it, my words cant describe all the horrific things chinese do to our best friends. almost half of the fur from all over the world are from dogs and cats in china, because its cheaper!! and their fur is mislabeled so people dont know... you really have to see the video (at peta or any other website) to know how horrific they treat them... i hope someday we can stop that...

thank you so much for reading this i hope you let others know about this...

but why i mean its winter its cold a bit of pussy fluff never hurt anyone!!!
    * snuggles up in front of the fire in his puppy slippers and cat hat*
    while singing

Some men hunt for sport,
    Others hunt for food,
    The only thing I'm hunting for,
    Is an outfit that looks good...

See my vest, see my vest,
    Made from real gorilla chest,
    Feel this sweater, there's no better,
    Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
    My evening wear - vampire bat,
    These white slippers are albino
    African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
    Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
    Beret of poodle, on my noodle
    It shall rest,

Try my red robin suit,
    It comes one breast or two,
    See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
    It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
    But a greyhound fur tuxedo
    Would be best,

So let's prepare these dogs,
    Kill two for matching clogs,
    Oh please, won't you see my vest.
    ;)

For f***s sake Allstar it really pisses me off with your attitude towards this subject. Lots of people are genuinely upset by animal cruelty and your tread is unhelpful at best. And I'm one of them. If you think its funny try and find someone else to express yourself to, God knows there are enough people out there who don't give a s**t about animals.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Ah it is truly a disgusting trade. How people can do that to the animals is beyond me. How people can even buy real fur products is beyond me....

I've just watched the video, it is very disturbing and terrible to imagine that this sort of cruelty takes place. It should be internationally outlawed though in saying that it would be impossible to completely get rid of the practice while there are still many out there that only see animals as a new fur coat ect.

I think a first step would be for our goverment to ban the practice of fur farming in Ireland. It's quite sickening.
    Allstar wrote:
    but why i mean its winter its cold a bit of pussy fluff never hurt anyone!!!..... Blah Blah Blah i'm an insensitive moron

Allstar, kindly leave and never return if your going to act like a tard....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

:rolleyes: oh ya that was a serious post!! i really agree with cruelty to animals!!:rolleyes:
    lighten up its not the UN

btw: i love the way u edited my post, come on who in reality supports the fur trade i was just havin a laugh.
    relax lads i havent killed anyones first born (unless they are furry, and can keep me warm!!)

* hides to avoid abuse*

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

AllStar wrote:
    ;)
    Some men hunt for sport,
    Others hunt for food,
    The only thing I'm hunting for,
    Is an outfit that looks good...

Made from real gorilla chest,
    Feel this sweater, there's no better,
    Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
    My evening wear - vampire bat,
    These white slippers are albino
    African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
    Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
    Beret of poodle, on my noodle
    It shall rest,

Try my red robin suit,
    It comes one breast or two,
    See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
    It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
    But a greyhound fur tuxedo
    Would be best,

So let's prepare these dogs,
    Kill two for matching clogs,
    Oh please, won't you see my vest.
    ;)

Brilliant :D
    But seriously the trade has to be stopped
    It's bloody inhuman!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

AllStar wrote:
    :rolleyes: oh ya that was a serious post!! i really agree with cruelty to animals!!:rolleyes:
    lighten up its not the UN

btw: i love the way u edited my post, come on who in reality supports the fur trade i was just havin a laugh.
    relax lads i havent killed anyones first born (unless they are furry, and can keep me warm!!)

* hides to avoid abuse*

Allstar--Theres a humour forum if you want to be "funny"This may not be the UN but this is not the first time youve ruined a thread in pets/animals with your "humour"
    Next time Im banning you permanently--this is the second reported post Ive had about you,if I get one more you`re gone for good.
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

collita79 wrote:
    being brutally killed and skinned alive in china for their fur......

Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

milltown wrote:
    Eh?
    ? ? what?

this sort of thing really makes me sick. How can the people involved have absolutly no inhibitions to what they are doing. I'd support any group that went to extreme measures to stop this

I would too ando, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Unfortunately there's very little chance of the Chinese authorities stopping this dreadful practice when they practice very similar cruelty to humans - tales of widespread torture, etc. of political dissidents etc. abound in China.

We are unlikely to be able to convince our political masters to lobby China - the attitude to China these days seems to be 'don't annoy them or they might stop using their communist slave labour to make us lots of cheap stuff'...

The sycophancy of the west (esp. the 'freedom loving' current administration in the US) to China is absolutely sickening - we let them practice dreadful human rights, animal rights, and environmental abuses, simply because they're hugely powerful and make cheap sweatshop do-da's for us in the West to waste our money on.

whats the difference between a cat being killed for its fur and cow being killed for leather!i know you van eat the cow but hypothetically you could eat the cat too!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Well, last I heard, cows weren't skinned alive for their hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I see no problem with the wearing of fur as long as the animal is killed properly.

TBH it makes f#ck all sense to skin an animal alive, you would be risking injury to your self. I would question what teh OP saw, was it real, made up or filmed by crazy extrem animal rights group(would not surprise me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I would question what teh OP saw, was it real, made up or filmed by crazy extrem animal rights group(would not surprise me).

No it certainly is a real video
    and any search on the net will show you far worse things that go on around the world in relation to cruelty to animals on fur farms...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

Gazza22 wrote:
    No it certainly is a real video

I honestly dont want to see that, I know I'll be in a state after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

:mad: Just watched the clips!

I did a special on animal cruelty for Radio NearFM which goes out on the 8th of January. I think I will include PetaTV. I will send them an email and hope they get back to me asap.

Read the interview I did with the ISPCA and Animalsasia.org under:

www.interviewsmittj.blogspot.com

Awareness rasing is so important.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

ando wrote:
    ? ? what?

How can you kill something and then skin it alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh man. I really wish I hadn't watched that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Allstar, that was the best post Ive read on boards in a long time rofl!!!

Seriously though, it sounds ironic to say it, but people would take animal rights activists much more seriously if they had more cop on and didnt have such extremists among their following. Im a Veterinary student and a few years ago we had this crazy lecturer who was some sort of animal rights woman and although there to educate us on animal rights she just went on and on continuously about the "intrisnic value of an animal" or its soul or some garbage.
    Animals are nice, nobody wants to see them hurt or injured, but we should be campaigning for fair treatment of animals in a calm and logical manner - not like that halfbrain with the megaphone outside BrownThomas on Grafton St last Christmas. Try to engage them in debate about their actions and the accuse you of being a fur sympathiser, which makes as much sense as being called a steak sympathiser, but anyway...

Advertisement