Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Wrestling moment of 2005

• 22-12-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Its that time of the year again so I thought why not start a thread on it. I think its a safe bet whats everybodys most memorable moment or maybe period was that being the death of Eddie. So maybe to shift gears a little a favourite wrestling moment thread for 2005 might be the way to go.
    Heres just a few that came into my head

Shelton Bejamins run up the ladder into a clothesline in the money in the bank ladder match was really somthing else.

Sabu and RVD 's tribute to the original Sheik at the ECW ppv.

The Sandmans entrance.

Eddie Guerreros first promo after turning heel.

Hbk's promos at Hulk Hogan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmm. My favourite moments:

- Hulk Hogan's reception at the WWE Hall of Fame

- The entire ECW One Night Stand, especially Heyman's promo.

- Matt Hardy's return (was fun at the time)

- HBK/Hogan build-up. I liked it when the fans chanted "You screwed Bret" to Shawn and he turns to Hogan and says, "That's right, and you're next!"

- Austin stunning the entire McMahon family at Raw Homecoming

- Bret appearing on Byte This. Nice to see him back even on that show.

All in all though I thought this year was the worst year in recent memory. Anyone else agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The emotion of the Eddie tributes is certainly my most memorable, and possibly my favourite. I was heart broken at Eddies death, as he and Jericho were/are my favourite wrestlers.

While watching the tributes with wet eyes, and a sore heart, it made me realsie as to why Eddie had me captured, as to why he was (and I hate using the past tense) my favourite.

RIP Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

My sig says it all.

Best moment would be all of the wrestlers standing out in front of the Titantron with Vince in front while the whole arena is chanting "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie"

How could a fan not be moved by that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Finally seeing the Rattlesnake live at the RDS, even if he was only refereeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

D-FENS wrote:
    Finally seeing the Rattlesnake live at the RDS, even if he was only refereeing.

That's seconded here.

But right behind that was JBL at the RDS calling Ireland England's bitch..... that was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

The introduction of the juniors and the boogeyman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Some of my favorite moments were:

1.Lita delivering the Twist of Fate to Matt Hardy.

2.Victoria turning psycho and beating up the T & A girls.

3.The debut of Melina and anything involving her since.

4.Stephanie McMahon's return.

5.Shawn Michaels heel promos.

I agree with Mr. Nice Guy. This wasn't the greatest year. Lita's career was sidetracked by various issues. And I couldn't think of one Women's Championship moment to mention, that's sad. Bring on 2006 eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

- The entire ECW One Night Stand, especially Heyman's promo.

Especially the attack he had on jbl.

That was class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

ECW ONS and Eddie come straight to mind. A lot of WWE moments though. It was a good year for TNA too. The series of matches involving Joe, Styles and Daniels was amazing. And the debut of Christian there was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The ECW ppv was a great moment. Rhyno winning the TNA title. Some of JBL's promos are up there for me too. But my favourite wrestling moment of 2005 was easily CM Punk winning the ROH title. Beautiful angle, and what happened was totally unexpected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Paul London and Akios fued on Smackdown/Velocity. That and ONS and Eddies passing is what Ill remember 2005 for. Nothing else realy. 2005 was a below par year. Oh and Eddie V Rey at SummerSlam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I agree with ECW One Night Stand. That was probebly the biggest laugh in wrestling this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

-Paul London winning the Cruiserweight title

-ECW One Night Stand PPV

-The Eddie tribute shows

-The Women's division getting a bit of a boost with the addition of Mickie James and Jillian Hall

-Going to 3 three live shows and meeting some of the superstars!

Thats all i can think of right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Lita's career was sidetracked by various issues.

That's a nice way of saying she's a Jezebel...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

No, it's my way of saying that she was in a situation with two other people, and nobody outside that circle knows the exact details of what went on. Matt Hardy can go and post on his website all he wants, the fact is the other two sides kept quiet about their side of the story.

Certainly nobody online knows for sure what went on, so we have no right to judge any of the three.

Besides, Lita had a knee injury that forced her out of action for months too. But of course nobody remembers that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭OsamaBinLaden

one night stand and raven winning the TNA title, even if was only for a short time. TNA was definitely the superior brand this year. the whole smackdown vs raw thing is a shambles and it just a poor imitation of the monday night wars. they air on different nights. who gives a damn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The IwW supershow was the huge highlight for me, notably the 4 way Donnybrook match. Nothing in WWE really stood out because it was such a poor year, although One Night Stand must have been a great nostalgia buzz for fans of ECW even if it was very watered down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

My favourite wrestling moment of 2005 is a tough decision either between the IwW 4-Way Donnybrook Match at the IwW March Supershow or The 3 Stages of Hell between Red Vinny & Irish Dragon or Vic Viper vs Paddy Morrow @ NWA or Mad Man Manson vs Keego at Dunshaughlin 17th December 2005... this year WWE didnt really do anything memberable for me except for maybe One Night Stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

gimmick wrote:
    The emotion of the Eddie tributes is certainly my most memorable, and possibly my favourite. I was heart broken at Eddies death,

While watching the tributes with wet eyes, and a sore heart, it made me realise as to why Eddie had me captured, as to why he was (and I hate using the past tense) my favourite.

RIP Eddie.

same as me man......i realised when he died how much i liked the guy........howw much i admired him for what he did in the ring to how he beat his addiction...it was the first time in i dunno how long that i cried and the first time i cried for someone that i didnt know.....
    to this day i still cant believe hes gone.............................
    RIP eddie..."mourn you til i join you"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

gm1984 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

someone told me that austin said that the response that he got in the RDS was the best response that he EVER got through his whole wrestling career...can someone confirm that he did say that?
    i remember that while cena,jbl and angle were coming in for the triple thread match....all that could be heard was "AUSTIN,AUSTIN"........and all that could be seen on his face was a grin that he was trying to hide and trying to look serious.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

yak_kadafi wrote:
    someone told me that austin said that the response that he got in the RDS was the best response that he EVER got through his whole wrestling career...can someone confirm that he did say that?
    i remember that while cena,jbl and angle were coming in for the triple thread match....all that could be heard was "AUSTIN,AUSTIN"........and all that could be seen on his face was a grin that he was trying to hide and trying to look serious.......

I wouldnt doubt it man. All the concerts,gigs and matches iv ever been to i never saw anything like it!!!

-Austin at the rds.
    -Going back to the hotel and getting to wear austins beer soaked tshirt that my buddy caught!! (god damn dirty son of a bi*ch!!)
    -Eddie at the point and Rds
    -Hbks sweet chin music on shelton/
    -Hardys leg drop off the top of the cage.
    -The "lets go viper/lets go vinny" chanting at the IWW waterford show!
    -One night stand and the hype before it.
    -Austin,Piper and Carlitos's promo at mania!

But like many my favourite moment comes from the eddie tribute show. After the tribute video (which already had me in bits) when the fans chants of "EDDIE,EDDIE,EDDIE" seemed to just change in midair to "THANK YOU EDDIE,THANK YOU EDDIE......" and you could see how it really caught the likes of angle benoit and rey.

Advertisement